Support in other languages: 
KDH
Ctrl-Alt-Del
KDH

Update won't install on K1

As I have said before, this is my first go-round with a tablet device.  So far, I like it, but there are some rally frustrating learning curves that I have right now.  Here is the newest...help!

Yesterday, the tablet informed me that I needed a necessary update installed.  It said to plug it in or have at least 70% battery and back up all my information.  I did the required and allowed it to update. 

A few seconds into it, the android in the middle of the screen had a yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in the middle.  I pushed the button on the top side of the screen to activate the tablet and it had the following:

In blue at the top, it had highlighted "Reboot now" with other options below it.  It would not give the option of touching any other options.

In the middle of the screen in yellow, it said something to the effect of :

Updating,

Installing update,

E: signature failed

E: (I am not sure what this  one was)

Installation aborted.

I actually called the support line before I went any further because I was not sure what needed to be done.  They told me to restart the tablet and unplug it, hold the button 15 seconds so it cycled on/off and then off.  Then, I was told to turn it back on.  It all came up fine.  I then asked about the update.  He told me to go into the settings and scan for updates.  It did not do anything at that time.  The call ended.

Since then, the update request has come up 2 times.  I have tried to allow the update both times with the same result.  Now...I know that the update is not updating on my machine.  However, I don't know what to do about it.  

Token Ring
Thieumdesp

Re: Update won't install on K1

What is your actual version ?

KDH
Ctrl-Alt-Del
KDH

I think it is a 3.1 if that is what you are meaning.
KDH
Ctrl-Alt-Del
KDH

I tried the "premium chat support".  Their immediate response was call warranty support.

I caed warranty support.  They said the option is to restore the computer.  I did.  Then they told me that it is really not necessary to do the updates (even thought it is the OS update that the tablet says is important and necessary?!?!)

I still have the option of returning the item to the store that I purchased it from.  I got it on sale for $215 but I am beginning to wonder if I shoudl just get rid of it!

Does anyone else have anything to offer me suggestions wise?