Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
EVANL
Accepted Solution

WIFI PROBLEMS

I have just bought 2 ideapad A1 tablets.  They both can't seem to hold the Wifi signal in my house. I have a laptop and another tablet that don't ever present this problem.

Is this a common issue? Is there some compatibality problem? I have a belkin 801G type router.  Doesn't even work within 10' of router.

-Evan

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Re: WIFI PROBLEMS

The first thing I'd check is for a Firmware update for the Belkin. If there is one, update it. I had this probelm with another router and device a few years ago. It was the router's fault.

From other postings on this forum I've seen that if you set a static IP address in the advanced WiFi settings on the A1, that might fix your problem at home. However, you'll need to turn off the static address when you leave the house and try to use the A1 elsewhere.

Token Ring
tinybeetle

[ Edited ]

Another suggestion, and this will affect your other connected devices, is to change the autentication and encryption type in the router. I know I've had issues at places with TKIP vs. AES.

Paper Tape
EVANL

Thanks for the tips. This weekend I saw a dual band 'N' series router for $60, so I bought it.  A1 works great now, guess can't believe the difference.