Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
ZOLUF
Accepted Solution

Was hoping for A1 fix on update..

Well, the new update has arrived !! Maps now work !! Now, if my A1 would stop turning off at random times...at multiple times per day ! Lenovo tech support was a big help; " Settings, Display, Screen Timeout then NEVER". They assure me that this is the answer to my problems !! Thank you, Tech Support, for killing my battery ! Now, how about the issue of my A1 turning off while the screen is ON ?! Cant wait for the answer to this one. Maybe say 5 Hail Marys, mix 2 eye of newt with a cats tail and BAM !! Problem solved !! I WANT MY MONEY BACK.......After 3 times returning this piece of crap (One replacement unit to boot). DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK !!

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Re: Was hoping for A1 fix on update..

[ Edited ]

My A1 has never just turned off. It does reboot on occasion when the WiFi is on and the micro-USB is plugged in. It has rebooted on occasion when a WiFi event and something else has collided causing a watch-dog process to die. (This usually happens when an email arrives while I'm playing a graphic intensive game.)

If you cannot get your money back, I'd say get it repaired/replaced again. You can always try to sell the working one you get back if you decide to not keep it.

Fanfold Paper
slinky

I have weird power issues. Sometimes I'll return to my A1 to find out it drained itself by not turning off or by turning the screen on without knowing why this is happening.
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 274

Zoluf,

Received your PM>  will continue to work with you there.

Thanks for working with support.  Sorry that things have not worked out as we would expect.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Blue Screen Again
sam42

Any update on rebooting due to wifi activation? My tablet only works on "airplane mode" keep crashing 10 seconds after wifi on...very disappointing...
Fanfold Paper
ZOLUF

Sam, I have no updates on any of the issues I've had. I've tried so many combinations, starting from factory condition, and have none that work. My A1 has been sitting on the bookshelf since I wrote my first post. Not sure yet if I'm just gonna call it a complete loss, or send it back. It will be the forth time its been to Lenovo, including new, and I'm not sure if its all worth the stress. Sorry I couldn't help :smileysad:
BTW; Thanks Mark for your reply and concern. Much appreciated !!
Blue Screen Again
sam42

ok lost 150USD, thanks Lenovo..  What kind of QA are they doing, a tablet without proper wifi..

Will wait for the google tab.

SCSI Port
jpisini

Sam have you tried downloading the latest firmware from http://download.lenovo.com/slates/a1/OTA/ and installing it manually?

Fanfold Paper
ZOLUF

A1 has been returned, finally and again. Keeping my fingers crossed.....................

Fanfold Paper
ZOLUF

A1 still at repair depot......on hold because of parts shortage. No further details..........last update fron Lenovo Web site was on May 4th.