Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
mjb32803

Betreff: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

[ Edited ]

I made a USB F-to-F DIY gender changer cable, cut into it and fed +5V into pin 1 on the end connecting to the USB Thumb Drive.  NO GO.   Tried feeding +5V to both ends of pin 1 and still NO GO.

Someone is compiling a pinout to the proprietary 30 pin connector.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15659-ideapad-k1-diy-host-cable-pinout-help-needed/

Ctrl-Alt-Del
allanfigot

I have tried ebay, europe and have not had any success.  Let me know if you find one and/or the pinout information for the plug so that one might be fabricated.  I have all but given up on both Lenovo and their lack of support!!!  I will just have to patiently wait until they deign to release the part here in the U S of A!

Punch Card
VA3QX

I have purchased my K1 a few weeks ago and I am thinking of returning it due to lack of support and the ability to provide the optional USB HOST CABLE
Punch Card
Balzac_555

Well, I was able to get my hands on that USB host cable from a contact in Europe who had two K1 tablets and who was generous enough to let me have one after I told him that Lenovo did not offer it for US customers.  I can confirm that connecting a USB keyboard and USB mouse works beautifully, it's actually kinda funny to use this like a laptop.  However I have not been able to have the tablet recognize a USB card reader.  In the setup menu under Storage, I clicked the "Mount USB", the machine is doing something but in the end nothing happens.  I cannot access or view pictures stored on the card via the media application.  i even tried to enable USB debug in Applications to no avail.  If anyone has any other idea please let me know.    Just the keyboard and mouse functionality is worth the wait especially if you have a keyboard with a trackball or mousepad integrated in it...

Cheers

Punch Card
jeeab

If possible, can you try an external hard drive, or a flashdrive?
Punch Card
Balzac_555

Good call! The usb flashdrive worked! What a shame Lenovo is not making this cable available to so many customers. I really hope they are reading this thread and getting their act together...
Cheers
SCSI Port
st_albert

The pin-outs!  Please post the pin-outs, if you can!

Token Ring
Burger

How about a usb ext hd? Please o try it
Token Ring
Ssayer

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why, after all this time, we still can't buy one from Lenovo. Production rampups shouldn't take many months. Seems like there is something more to it (like they won't do devices that need power from the USB port).

Just my 2 cents...

Token Ring
Clear_Blue_Lou

Ssayer wrote:

seems like there is something more to it (like they won't do devices that need power from the USB port

Does the K1 supply power to the keyboard dock? Or does the keyboard require the AC adapter to work?