Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
VA3QX

Betreff: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

I have a new ETA from Provantage for March 20 for the K1 USB cable.  Let's hope.

Herman VA3QX

Paper Tape
Puicheng

Re: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

Can't understand why we can't buy from Lenovo store.
Paper Tape
jexux

Herman, even without the host cable I've been able to find some ham use for my tablet by using EchoLink.  I agree though, the host cable would make it much more appealing.

Mark, are there any status updates as to "when and where" the USB host cable will be available?

Fanfold Paper
lindalee77

Re: lenovo staff: make HOST usb cable available!

Has anyone heard from the lenovo staff as to when we might see this cable for purchase from them?  It's coming to the point where I don't even want a lenovo piece of equipment due to their poor customer service.

Serial Port
metalpower

Re: lenovo staff: make HOST usb cable available!

same here... when someone names me "lenovo" todays, I run scared thinking about a essential accessory like a cable that is not shipped with the equipment and sadly/badly cannot be buyed (it's like a bad joke or a terrible nightmare).

I can understand something like this that happened if the ideapak k1 was a $80 chinesse tablet, but for a branded >300 tablet is unacceptable...

I feel hatred and embarrassed by the engineers who created this connectivity port instead of using standard ports and who gave the ok to be used on this tablet :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------
I have to buy a new tablet or device, it will not be a Lenovo.
I not have decent post sales support for a simple and essential cable of my ideapad K1 tablet for more than 3 months and counting
Punch Card
ronydandjanyd

Mark,

Last update you gave us was over 2 weeks ago. Any new developments?

If there's already stock of these cables, why isn't it available on the website to purchase?

If you have a minute we would appreciate an update on this.

Thanks

Ctrl-Alt-Del
allanfigot

I am in full accord that Lenovo "screwed the pooch" with this one!  When I first got the unit, I thought that the mini HDMI port was a mini USB.  If only there was some way to crack open the unit and install a REAL USB port!  If the idea was to give us the shaft by making us come to them for the proprietary connection, they missed the boat there  too.  I am disappointed with Lenovo and would give any further purchase from them a great deal of thought...I probably would not purchase anything else from them because of the poor/lack of service in this matter.   Mark; you are here with too little, too late!

Token Ring
Ssayer

On 02-23-2012 01:31 PM Mark Lenovo said, "Ironically, we actually have some stock on the cables but as we've been working on this over the last two weeks we hit some snag in our sales IT that has held us up. Why this P/N, I don't understand.   The teams are working and the last update was on 2/21/12.  I'll check back with them tomorrow.

Please bear with us a bit longer."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That date was 02-23-2012! Let me tell you, any real place and heads would be rolling so fast and so far you'd think they were shot out of a cannon...

This isn't a joke (or shouldn't be), this is an expensive, supposedly name brand tablet. Is anything happening on this cable???

Paper Tape
pirvulescu

I must read this topic before I bought this tablet. I will give it to my 2 years old child to play with Talking Tom an I will buy a real tablet.

I will never buy another Lenovo product again.

What's DOS?
rockovoy