Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
ronydandjanyd

Re: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

I gotta tell you guys that this cable is worth the wait. If Lenovo would've gone with a micro usb from the get go, we would've not needed this, but they didn't.

I just came back from vacation, my wife and I took around 1500 pictures. We were able to plug the memory card to the USB Host cable, copy all the pictures to the tablet's sd card, view all the photos with an excellent resolution. I used the movie studio app (simple and bare bones but did the job) and put together short videos/slideshows with some of the pictures we took. I was then able to connect my samsung galaxy II with the same USB Host cable to transfer the videos to the phone to upload them to youtube. The tablet came alive with that cable. Without the cable I would've had to take a laptop with me instead of the tablet. More weight, a bit less portable.
Serial Port
metalpower

It's Great!
if you not have the k1 usb host cable I not sure if you can put the k1 in the SGII host as client to transfer files between that. but the k1 host cable simplify all :smileyhappy:
----------------------------------------------
I have to buy a new tablet or device, it will not be a Lenovo.
I not have decent post sales support for a simple and essential cable of my ideapad K1 tablet for more than 3 months and counting
Punch Card
scouf

To All Canadians who have been fortunate enough to purchase the cable PLEASE post links to stores that will ship to Canada.

Many thanks

Fanfold Paper
cabe72000

Hello. Im still fighting with my K1. i have to call Lenovo support? i don't have any other choice??. Im in spain and i don't manage to get my hands on one of this cables. A REALLY need it. I am looking everywere, ebay, amazon, lenovo, forums, etc etc im getting crazy. Im just wondering why i bought this tablet and didn't got a Samsung or similar. In any case, can somebody PLEASE send me a link where i can order a cable? i almost going to pay whatever the want for it...
Punch Card
ronydandjanyd

Provantage used to ship out of the US, but now I can't find the cable listed there and the cached page says Not Available.

I would suggest sell your K1, find a K1 from ebay UK or Amazon UK since you are in Europe. Tablets from the UK will have the cable in it...
Paper Tape
Eastcoast5

Canadians and other international customers can try to order from Lenovo thru www.gamesforcanada.com

Don't be confused by games, they can order and forward anything.

Punch Card
scouf

I just called a Lenovo Rep, they said I would be able to order it from Canada at the beginning of May when they receive a new shipment.  Hopefully this is not BS.

WWAN
mclandytm

Just got notice of shipment of the cable from Lenovo this morning, sounds like they have their next supply batch in.

Punch Card
tburkett

I got the same notice this am... Will update once I hear anything more...
Punch Card
MikeTheBull

Wow, I have been following this from the beginning of December and finally got an email saying mine has shipped!

Still crossing my fingers for the ICS update.