Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
Ssayer

Re: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

When and where?

When you sleep and in your dreams (just one old man's opinion given the length of time that it hasn't been available to us).

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

All,

I'll try to help on this... but I've not found a Lenovo part number on the support site or our sales site for this.

Do you have a Lenovo part number?

Where in the packaging (what page of the manual) are we offering this cable?  The pic a couple pages back was helpful, but I wasn't clear if that was the lenovo part or a 3rd party part.

Giving feedback on the support site can create awareness of your concern, but that team is not going to be able to solve this for you. By the size of this discussion, I understand this is important to you.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
ossie

Hi Mark

check this link:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=PD022107

IdeaPad Tablet K1 USB Connector is highly recommended for easy-access and fast connections to a USB Flash Disk or any other IdeaPad Tablet K1-compatible USB device.

Features and benefits:

• Driver-free, plug and play
  • Fashionable design, easy to carry
  • Product number: 
    • 0B65411 (United States)
    • 0B65412 (Israel)

Physical specifications:

• Approximate width: 31 mm
  • Approximate length: 110 mm
  • Approximate height: 12 mm
  • Approximate weight: 30g

Operating environment:

• Maximum Operating Humidity: 90%
  • Maximum Operating Temperature: 40℃
  • Minimum Operating Humidity: 40%
  • Minimum Operating Temperature: 0℃
Punch Card
prfstrkr

In this youtube video about unboxing K1

you can also see that USB host cable is included in European Market (starting at 2:13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shcWGzKhBLY

Punch Card
Balzac_555

Mark,

It is also documented on the leaflet that came in the box, which shows a 2-D drawing of the "USB host cable (optional)".  I would have posted a picture but for whatever reason I don't see an option to upload a picture in my toolbar menu (some people seeemed to have that option).

Though I am glad you are now looking into this (and the rest of the community is too I am sure), it would have been a much better customer experience if Lenovo had been more open in terms of availability date to all those folks who have been calling tech support, especially when Lenovo's own website advertises it and published a December 2011 date...

Cheers,

Fanfold Paper
soak12

I chatted twice with Lenovo sales today, and they are saying the web page on the support site is wrong and needs to be removed. According to them the cable is not available.  This is really frustrating.  I was hoping to use the K1 to control my DSLR Canon, but I guess that won't happen. I will probably be putting the K1 on CL soon, and find one that has full USB support.  I don't know what else to do.

Fanfold Paper
soak12

SCSI Port
oetbyg

Lenovo K1 USA packing list.jpg

This is the 'unpacking list' included with my K1 purchased in the U.S.A., December, 2011.

SCSI Port
oetbyg

Samsung had a similar issue, but to their credit, they actually delivered a usb host solution.

Punch Card
thomslik

It's bad enough that the USB host cable is standard with the European version but shown optional in USA. Then for Lenovo to claim it doesn't exist or is unavailable is just unacceptable.

My return deadline is quickly approaching and even though I bought the K1 at a great price, it's just not worth it in my opinion. It would be nice if Lenovo could change my mind. But unfortunately I just don't see it happening, from their obvious arrogant attitude! The K1 is just not ready for the real world.