Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
allanfigot

Betreff: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

Lenovo tech and purchasing assures me that the cable with the female end is NOT available. Do you have a prt number for it? Ireally would like to get one for reading camera sd & thumb drives.
Punch Card
bb123

I think I found the part number for the host cable 0B65411 (United States).  I just need to try and buy one.     Here is the link   http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=PD022107

Lets hope the available date is correct.

Availability date: 20 Dec 2011 (Israel, United States)

Punch Card
remn

USB Host Part Number

Thart is good news bb123. Let us know what happens when you try and purchase one.

Rem

I used to have a:
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US
Punch Card
bb123

Re: USB Host Part Number

Just got off the phone with sales bad news.  They could not find this part number in there system and told me to check back in a month or so and the part might be available. 

SCSI Port
krustybaguette

I think that's right. It's only available in certain markets, apparently the European one!  In mine the Quick Start Guide has a page marked "Unpack (and check the components)" and there are six items 1) the K-1 Tablet, 2) the AC Adapter, 3) the Data line, 4) the Quick Start Guide, 5) Other publications, and 6) USB host cable (optional) Under that it states that "Some models may contain items that are not listed." and "If any item is missing or damaged, please contact your retailer."

It would seem that the statement "Some models may contain items that are not listed." would be better if it stated "Some models may NOT contain items that ARE listed. But the item in question, the USB host cable, is clearly marked (optional) so I wouldn't expect it to be included. However I imagine a female~female adapter on the end of the Data line would enable the attachment of USB devices such as hard disks, external optical drives, etc.

Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
Ctrl-Alt-Del
allanfigot

Short and to the point; fgender changer does not work.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
allanfigot

Re: USB Host Part Number

I called Lenovo. Iknew they would be closed for NewYears', so I callesd this AM. They could not find the part number and suggested I call back next wee.k_. Excuse the typos; backspace key not working.
Paper Tape
has_k1

Check out the Mobidapter.

http://www.elandigitalsystems.com/adapter/mobidapter.php

I got one and it works with a CF card reader to get photos into the K1.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
allanfigot

Thank you for the response. Looks like it works on a sound principle, but is rather ungainly. Up until two days ago, there was not even a part number for the cable, so I think I'll be patient a little longer.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
allanfigot

Parts department disavows all knowledge of said part.  Availability date in article is erroneous.