Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
whitemonaco

Re: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

Try using google translate

Paper Tape
macschwag14

Do I understand this correctly: the host cable does *not* work with ICS and JB? I ordered one several weeks ago but have not gotten a confirmation other than my payment is "pending." Will cancel if the cable only works with HC as $14 is a lot for a cable. Thanks!

Punch Card
FredericLS

Have seen several post in both ICS and JB that the cable works fine. Just no popup message about now connected. No big deal as I see it.

Frederic

Paper Tape
macschwag14

FredericLS wrote:

Have seen several post in both ICS and JB that the cable works fine. Just no popup message about now connected. No big deal as I see it.

Frederic

Thanks @Frederic! Hopefully Lenovo comes through on either shipping the cables or giving us the schematics. 

SCSI Port
gallahad2000

[ Edited ]

whitemonaco wrote:

Try using google translate

Tried to create an account at the site to request his pin-out diagram but I can't pass the "capta" security pic (even with cut/pasting characters from a cyriliic alphabet page on wikipedia).  The letters look right but it won't accept them.

FredericLS wrote:

Frederic

Have used the cable in HC and ICS ASOP R1/2.  Can't speak for CM9/10 but I would assume it either works or will work.

Punch Card
hkimbell2001

on 08-01-2012 at 01:15 AM, hkimbell2001 wrote:
Yesterday, I ordered the USB host cable from the Lenovo website (here) because it indicated a shipdate of the same day. After ordering and using PayPal to pay for it, 5-10 minutes later they sent an email confirming the order with a link to track the status. That link now indicates a ship date of 31-Aug-2012 (30 days after the order was placed). I also noticed the PayPal transaction details indicates "pending" with an "order expiration date" of 29-Aug-2012. I'll let you know what happens, but if anyone has any recent order experience to share, I'd be interested to hear it. 

Just an update on my attempted order: Lenovo cancelled it sometime between 24-Aug and today. I'm guessing this is because the PayPal approval expired before Lenovo got around to making the **bleep** thing. Anyway, Lenovo's order website now indicates an "Availability" of "Ships in more than 4 weeks". Has anybody else had better luck recently?

Punch Card
RonMc8208

Dear Valued Lenovo Customer,

We are contacting you regarding your order for the; 0B65411 Idea Pad Tablet K1 USB connector. This product has been discontinued and cannot be shipped. As a result, your order will be cancelled if it is the only Part on the order or the Part removed from the order and then the order processed. Of course you have not been charged.

If you would like to purchase a different part or have additional questions , please contact our sales team at 1-866-968-4465 to speak to a sales representative for assistance or try Lenovo.com home page under Resources at the bottom click on "Where to Buy" to find Local Retailer and Reseller of Lenovo Products.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,
Lenovo Websales
www.lenovo.com/us

Paper Tape
FuzzyLD

Tried to order the cable today and it is currently out of stock with no expectation of when it will be available...

FuzzyLD

What's DOS?
lenovonomore70

Let's face it. Lenonovo doesn't provide this part nor does it care how frustrated you get trying to get it.  Let's avoid purchasing anything Lenovo in the future because what seems to be a good deal is not.  This is a simple part that could be easily supplied by a company wanted to build a brand but instead they give you a massive run around.  They have you deal with Indian call centers and emailers, one of who expressed regret for my incontinence.  They just telll you to keep orderting it and I see many of you do keep trying.  I too would really like to have that part but hopeless is hopeless and Lenovo is hopeless.  It was instructive to me when I tried to get the login name of lenovonomore and it was already taken! I went up to lenonvonomore70 to get my message out. Just give up and avoid Lenonvo in the future.

Punch Card
monilall11

i agree. I too tried to get this part for months and have given up hope!