Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
bswords
Accepted Solution

Where can I find a useful user manual for the A1?

I am so confused I don't know exactly where to begin. 

I tried to download an EPUB format ebook from 2 different websites, and all i get is a worthless "download failed" message every time, with no explanation of the cause.

The user manual included on the A1 has NO troubleshooting section, NO index, and apparently NO ability to search the manual.  Where can I go for more complete documentation, especially troubleshooting, although a tutorial would be nice, too.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!!!

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Where can I find a useful user manual for the A1?

@bswords,

Found this on our support site.

See if it helps.

http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User%27s%20guides%20and%20manuals/A1-07/A1-07_EN_%...

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
diomenes

Not much help with the manual...there really isn't one that is of any use.  As for your second question...

What epub reader are you using? and from what site(s) are you attempting to download?

I have not had any problem downloading epubs.  Perhaps your download is timing out.  I am assuming you are trying to download a "free" epub file, or, if paid, you have an account with the source of the file.

Token Ring
tinybeetle

If you have the A1, the manual (such as it is) is located in the "UserHelp" app.

Paper Tape
bswords

Sorry, James, that's the one that's nearly useless.
Paper Tape
bswords

I'm downloading from project Gutenberg and Baen free library, via the browser, as I do from my desktop. Not using an Epub reader yet. Lenovo manual doesn't say if one is preloaded or not. If not, can you recommend one.
802.11n
sinanju

The A1 is just Android with practically nothing to make it unique.  An A1 user's manual is bound to be worthless.  The Android user's guide is here... just ignore the phone bits: Android 2.3.4 Manual

As for EPUB, the Overdrive Media Console has a built-in EPUB reader and would have the side-effect of giving you access to libraries: Overdrive Media Console

If you provide a link to the problematic EPUB, I can tell you if it would work.

Punch Card
diomenes

bswords wrote:
I'm downloading from project Gutenberg and Baen free library, via the browser, as I do from my desktop. Not using an Epub reader yet. Lenovo manual doesn't say if one is preloaded or not. If not, can you recommend one.

Check the Market.  For free books, especially Classics, I like FBReader.  It is pretty full featured and has PC platform versions as well.  It doesn't read PDFs, but you might have found a pre-installed Documents To Go which does.

For both free and paid books, Nook, Kindle and Google Books are also available and free.  You need accounts with B&N and Amazon to use their software, but they will sync your books across platforms.  That is really nice if you read on different devices, and means you can get books on any platform and open them on any other. 

There are lots of other readers.  You should try them out and find the one most useable for you.

Paper Tape
bswords

Thanks, sinanju!  The Android User Guide looks like it will be very helpful.

Paper Tape
bswords

Great info!  Thanks, Diomenes.  This forum has some really helpful and articulate participants!