Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
AntMan_PL

Why A1 don't use usb?

[ Edited ]

Hello. I'm sad. I bought USB OTG cable to connect my pendrive to A1, but it doesn't work :/

Why Lenovo didn't use the full capabilities of USB connector in IdeaPad A1?

802.11n
sinanju

Re: Why A1 don't use usb?

The feature you're talking about is called "USB Host" and it is rarely implemented in devices like tablets and phones.

It is implemented in the CyanogenMod flavor of Android and, although someone is working on it, there is no implementation of CyanogenMod for the A1 at this time.  The effort is being delayed by Lenovo's failure to release the device's source.

Paper Tape
AntMan_PL

It's embarrassing. So simple, Nokia 7230 can support USB flash drive (I tested it) but Android tablets can not ...

(I use Google Translator)
802.11n
sinanju

As I said, Android tablets can support this feature, but manufacturers rarely include it.

Punch Card
DrOzda

[ Edited ]

For unknown reason USB host feature was ripped from standard Gingerbread kernel. It was in Froyo and again is included in Honeycomb and ICS. So if Lenovo is planning to release ICS for A1 we will receive it in this update (of course if Lenove will not mess with standard kernel in ICS).

Of course enen for Gingerbread it could be added just by recompiling kernel.

It will allow us to add for example 3G USB stick support.

Punch Card
kingkong

I install Astro and find out there is a usbdrive and I try to connect the micro usb through otg to usb drive and the arrow keeps turning for at least five minutes. Don't kmow why can't usb drive as it shows the usbdrive is there? Can somebody help?