Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
tinybeetle

Re: Wow

The A1 is actually not that new. It has been selling in China since at least October 2011. The only difference between the LePad (as it is marketed in China) and the Lenovo IdeaPad A1 is that the Chinese one has a SIM slot and phone capability.

And that is probably where the majority of our issues come from. Lenovo removed the phone features, but probably did not strip the bits from the OS properly. So when the A1 tries to so something internally that is phone related it errors. Android 2.3 is designed for telephones, not tablets. Android versions 3.x and 4.x are designed to work on tablets.

Token Ring
smalcom

Re: Wow

tinybeetle wrote:

The A1 is actually not that new. It has been selling in China since at least October 2011. The only difference between the LePad (as it is marketed in China) and the Lenovo IdeaPad A1 is that the Chinese one has a SIM slot and phone capability.

And that is probably where the majority of our issues come from. Lenovo removed the phone features, but probably did not strip the bits from the OS properly. So when the A1 tries to so something internally that is phone related it errors. Android 2.3 is designed for telephones, not tablets. Android versions 3.x and 4.x are designed to work on tablets.

Yes, but I don'tg think that we have many people posting to this forum from China. It is very new in the US, and that's where most of our user base will develop, and here it is new. Perhaps we should say newly introduced to the US market.

Any tablet that uses 2.3 is going to run into the same issues as the A1 because it is not tablet oriented. I hope that they can, at least, provide fixes for some of the issues, but my real hope is for for a 3.1 upgrade, but I am doing what I need on this one,.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS