Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
wab0111

a happy K1 customer - one issue (I can live with though)

I see a lot of people complain about the Lenovo K1. I bought one around early December. I can't believe how handy it is (I now feel everyone should have a tablet).  By the way, I bought a Samsung 10.1 Galaxy a while back and returned it. The big difference I think is Android 3.2.1. It is faster, more stable, and improved the compatibility with other android apps.

Anyway, here is what I like about the K1. It is reasonably priced (I paid $289 for 32gb version), great screen, very good build quality. It also has a port for additional memory and hdmi out. I haven't used these last features yet.

So here is my issue. It failed to boot properly one day. I was pretty concerned that I now had a brick, but then I looked up the waranty and it is 1 year. I thought that was really impressive for what I paid. So the service tech said I had to send it back (took about 20 minutes to go through some menus then some testing and gathering my information). I thought that would be a 2-3 week service time considering what I paid. I sent it priority mail, Lenovo emailed me when they received it, one day later they are sending it back and they gave me a confirmation code that is was sent Fedex.

Anyone who complains about these devices are nuts. They are great, the waranty is great, and the service is great.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: a happy K1 customer - one issue (I can live with though)

This is really good to know that you are enjoying your device

I suggest you to keep updating the device with system update.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

802.11n
ricochet_k1

Re: a happy K1 customer - one issue (I can live with though)

[ Edited ]
Read this thread afew days ago. Wasn't going to repy, but will now. @wab0111 - Devices like these shoul never have to be sent in for service or repair for a software only related issue or failure. When properly maintained, the end user should have a way to back up and restore the device without sending it in.

Many of us have been waiting months or longer for a true user replaceable image for our K1's. Consider this... Would you still feel the same 4 months from now if your K1's OS became corrupted again, would not boot and you had to send it in, lose use of it and incur the time and expense for this endeavor?

Warranty should be in place to cover hardware related issues/failures.

I'm enjoying my K1 as well, but would like it more if I had the ability to restore it myself if neccessary.
Thanks,
Ricochet_K1
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US