Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
remn

Re: how i flashed from Canadian version to US and upgraded to Android 3.2.1

If you go to OTA Test and and right click ( normal mouse click ) your browser will try to display the file you click. With a .zip file you will get the option to save and it will save OK. If you RIGHT click a .xml file your browser will display the .xml file. If you try and save this file, you end up with a changed file as your browser will strip out some of the information within the file as it displays it.

The solution is to LEFT click on the filenames with your mouse and then, depending on what your browser is, 'Save Link as...' or 'Save Target As...'

This will save an exact copy of the files. Rename, transfer and do update.

I used to have a:
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US
Paper Tape
caballo21

thanks man  i did how you told me and finaly i got the upgrade for my lenovo k1

Paper Tape
SloPoke

Great.  I did this and now almost every application I start displays the message "the application yadayada has stopped unexpectedly" and the only thing I can do is force close them.  I get several of these when my K1 starts for background processes, including the Lenovo keyboard.  I has to delete and re-install every android app I downloaded from the market. The ones that still don't work were the ones that came pre-installed and that I can't find in the market (eReader) or that I have to pay for. I suppose I could do a factory reset and start from scratch but I have no idea if that will fix it. Should have stuck with the Canadian load.

Paper Tape
RDHG

If you can't get your K1 updated, I wouldn't be too broken up about it. I just went through this process, and while it was fairly easy to do, and I got my device to Version: 3.2.1, Kernel: 2.6.36.6, Build: K1_A301_14_14_120109_US - my movie player stopped working properly.

Now when I try to view one of my .AVI files, the device displays the list of movie files so there is two of each. The initial scan of those files basically froze my K1 - something about the SD Card being busy, scanning... It looks like the file listing got corrupted resulting in the double listing.

Hopefully there will be a version 15_15 shortly that takes care of these minor problems, or maybe a way to reinstall the Movie app. Any sugestions?

Paper Tape
melstebar

I have had no issues upgrading. Everything works well.
Here is a tip for newbies. Download File Explorer from android store. It is then really to see your download directory and change the files.
Make sure your unit is fully charged before starting the upgrades.
What's DOS?
Androidzter

How i flashed from Canadian version to US and upgraded to Android 3.2.1

I found difficulty updating, So I tried doing a factory reset first then follwing the instructions posted by monilall11.

Thanks for the info monilall11. Worked like a charm!!!   Let's hope that ICS will be that easy!!!

Paper Tape
cornel2

Re: How i flashed from Canadian version to US and upgraded to Android 3.2.1

[ Edited ]
I should start by thanking you all for this thread. It was inspiring... Here are my adventures: after several tries I was able to install build K1_A301_10_10_111231_CA and now I have the latest us build.

My tablet had build k1_A301_02_02_110930_CA installed. First try failed because my battery vas only 60% charged and what ever I tried did not worked. So I let the battery charge at 98% and things started to move.(To enter in Android update mode is to have to keep vol+ pressed when the tablet starts and unpress the power button as soon you see the screen flickering when you power the tablet)

My first attempt to write the older build from September(K1_A301_02_02...) on top of newest build (K1_A301_10_10...) failed so reinstall K1_A391_10_10 before jumping into
K1_A301_ 02_02 and afrer that things really started as explained previusly on this post.

I'm really happy with the new build K1_A301_14_14_120109_US it seems more stabile,and in top of that I could install the latest YouTube update from Lenovo Shop.(it was failing saying "invalid package format")

Looking forward to install ICS on K1.
Paper Tape
SloPoke

Re: How i flashed from Canadian version to US and upgraded to Android 3.2.1

I found the solution to the crashing apps after installing the US update on the Canadian K1. Back up the crashing apps with Astro, which creates an APK, the reinstall them from the backup.
Punch Card
Gnreux

Is there any way to get it back to the canadian version 3.1? Because with 3.2.1 I also got the auto brightness problem! Anyway, thanks for this easy to follow tutorial!
Fanfold Paper
delstar

so grateful for this thread. thank you monilall11

I'm UK based and this advice worked for me too (yay now on 3.2.1 and eagerly awaiting ICS) with a couple of minor tweaks as mentioned at my post:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/K1-UK-update-beyond-3-1/td-p/776847

thanks all for the advice on here - great to see everyone helping each other out.