Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
caroldd

k1

I have recently bought a k1 (in UK) . First attempt at internet was smooth. I allowed system to update and now it gets stuck on finding ip address or says 'disabled by WEP'. I did a factory reset and tried adding the network (wep) without success. C
an anyone help. Apologies for no subject line but mobile would not allow. Thanks
RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 91

Re: k1

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

There seems something wrong in the network configuration  The tablet should be set by default to get its IP parameters (address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS server list) from your WiFi router via DHCP. 

You can enable/disable WLAN function.

Once the WLAN has been enabled, your IdeaPad Tablet K1 will automatically scan for available wireless networks, displaying them in the WLAN network list.

You can select any network you want from the list. After selecting your desired network, you can directly tap "Connect to network" for connection. Alternately, you can choose to first set "IP" and "Proxy" for your network using the "Advanced" option, and then tap "Connect to network". You can also select <Add WLAN Network> to manually add a network.

You may also be interested to check below threads

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/K1-can-t-connect-to-my-wireless-network/td...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/Help-with-IdeaPad-K1-internet-connectivity...

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!  This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!