Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
mjg59
Accepted Solution

Force Yoga 11 USB boot?

The Boot Configuration  Data on my Yoga 11 has become corrupted and any attempts to boot immediately hang with an error 0xc000000f. There's no option to start any kind of recovery there, and the system just sits at the error screen for a while before rebooting and doing exactly the same thing. I created a USB recovery stick earlier, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get the firmware to try booting off USB. On the Surface RT you can force this by holding down volume down while powering on, but that doesn't seem to work on the Yoga 11. Is there any way to force the system to boot off my recovery stick or the recovery partition?

What's DOS?
SasquatchTest

Re: Force Yoga 11 USB boot?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I recently racked my brain ten ways to Sunday to figure out this issue, and I've finally come to a solid conclusion. I really wish Lenovo would have stepped up and helped you directly with this issue. Anyway, at boot, just hold "Volume Up" and the Win key on the tablet itself (not the keyboard win key). This should throw you into a UEFI-based USB boot. Good luck!

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Paper Tape
guyweisz

May I ask how did you create the USB recovery stick?