Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Crey23

Re: Yoga 2 Pro 13 Yellow Color Issues

jtoddv wrote:

The reason I ask is I cannot go negative Hue in the Intel HD panel. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I think he is refering to moving in a negative direction, ie reduce green by 8, etc.

Blue Screen Again
Joebarkho

Hue is a 360 degree circle, there are no negatives.
Maybe he's talking about color brightness.
Paper Tape
jtoddv

Hue in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel > Display > Color > Advanced > Hue is a slider for me. And the lowest that slider can go is "0". I have no circle option in this location. Saturation is there as a slider.

Blue Screen Again
Joebarkho

-___-
0-360.
How many degrees in a circle?
"-1"=359
"-10"=350
0=360
Paper Tape
jtoddv

10-4

356 on hue.

Still subpar color yellow to me, but yes this might be the best so far.

Punch Card
legzam

I really appreciate the knowledge shared but everyone. But sometimes generalizations and isolated info regarding certain optimization are not easy for everybody to understand. Not everybody is that tech savvy and/or can find the way around some settings that easily. So if you have figure a way to optimize one or more aspects of the machine and you feel like sharing that knowledge, would it be possible for you to provide a step by step how to guide on how to do such optimization or settings modifications. Thanks

Punch Card
rpr13

I cannot find adaptive brightness anymore in the Settings field of Lenovo Energy Manager (this is after the BIOS and EM updates).

Can you guys still see this setting?  The last box is blank in Settings.

Perhaps because it was also turned off in Intel's HD Graphics settings, it is no longer accessible in EM???

Punch Card
rpr13

...and for what its worth, the only setting that yields acceptable brighness after the updates is Peformance.

Max brightness in the other modes (i.e.: Daily) do not equal max brightness in Performance.

Batetry life is less than 4 hours on Performance!!!

I got close to 4 hours of battery life on my 6 year old Sony VAIO 1st Gen Z.

So for a Haswell ultrabook to get acceptable color reproduction and acceptable screen brightness, we need to accept less than 4 hours of battery life!?!?!

I am squarely in the "this is not fixed" camp.

Crazy...

Punch Card
Eldan

I agree. I installed the BIOS and EM update and the yellows are too green.

Fanfold Paper
jpNYC

There is one additional setting that needs to be turned off to completely disable adaptive brightness and it is located in the Intel HD graphics control panel. Open it, go to "Power" settings and then "On Battery". Here, turn off "Display power saving technology". This should clear up the brightness thing many have been complaining about.
After tuning off both "adaptive brightness" in the advanced settings of the power management and the "Display power saving technology" in the Intel HD graphics area my brightness is very bright in all modes.
I normally run in "Daily" mode and get 6+ hours on battery with web browsing, office use, and some photoshop. I do have pretty aggressive screen off timings though to power down the screen when I am not using it.