Support in other languages: 
szy
Punch Card
szy

Re: Yoga 13 Fan Noise

And we all talking only about browsing and excel, when noise is uncomfortable. Anyone tried run some D3D apps? I tried, and I am not talking about any game, just simple 3d app from DirectX SDK. OMG! Serously this Yoga utrabook is louder than my washing mashine, and I am not joking :smileysad: My nine friends wanted to buy yoga but when I show them then all bought something else.

BTW anyone tried to disable anti malware from windows defender?  When you do nothing then scanning kick in and running at full cpu speed. When I am back to doing something then antimalware stops but yoga is sooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooot and noisy after this that is very uncomfortable to use. In win7 you can disable scanning when idle, but I coudnt find it in win8. In win8 you can only disable whole windows defender. But I want to use defender to scan files which I am downloading, I dont want scanning hard drive when laptop is in idle.

What's DOS?
SURFThru

Re: Yoga 13 Fan Noise - SOLVED

After more searching around I see that Lenovo posted a fix for the issue of The Fan Running All The Time, but it seems it is not on this post.

I downloaded the fix and flashed it to the BIOS per the instructions, and guess what? The laptop is on and the fan it not spinning at all!!

Here is the link.

Fanfold Paper
greystone

Yeah, that's been discussed at length in this thread, mixed results reported at best. 

Fanfold Paper
wppvos

[ Edited ]

The only solution that actually works involves a toothpick or a paperclip, which I don't really recommend doing.

The "fix" from lenovo makes the fan quieter but also behave irratically. Not an improvement IMHO. Up to you what you like better, I uninstalled the fix, I'd rather just have a more steady fan speed.

Would have been better if lenovo took some more time looking at their update to make it behave better, but I guess that's not going to happen. Disappointed, but I guess the fact we got something is already more than you can hope for.

I'm also having some problems with Wifi and the touchpad being " stuck" on the left side sometimes, so I don't think I'll be going for a lenovo laptop next time around.

Fanfold Paper
knutsi

Thank you. I'm surprised by the fan noise I guess, since I came from a very quiet machine. I've now been using it for a few weeks and find it a wonderful laptop. If the next hardware iteration is better, I would buy it again no doubt. Had I known about the fan I might have chosen another laptop with a reversible screen. 

What I find is that in many places  work with it, the ambient noise level equals the fan noise when sitting about 1-2 meters away, and this makes it OK for most of my uses.  However, it makes it annoying for small room meetings, and this is an issue.  Most of my colleagues have Macs, and they are completely silent. So, mine does stick out. 

I have another week to consider returning it, but wanted to give it some time and real world use before making up my mind. I'm torn.. because I really love the machine in all other respects.

Fanfold Paper
frankz

I cannot believe that the fan is making so much noise. It's always on. I;ve tried the fix but no luck. 

Is Lenovo aware? Will they fix this?

Paper Tape
jetboy

Yes lenovo is aware.

No, they won't fix this.  Possibly they cannot fix it? 

I'm interested in whether a new OS will help with core temps.  My fan runs all the time - and it does heat up under use that should not cause any heat generation.  I question whether windows 8 is running some type of hidden process that tax the cpu all the time.  Sitting idle with the black screen will still generate a meaningful amount of heat.  That should not happen.  I'm not believing the process monitor when it's claiming that cpu useage is very low.  I suspect that it in fact is much higher and some portion of the processing is being hidden.

I'm intending, when I get some time, to put in a second HD and run osx or win 7 on the 2nd drive to compare.  It may be possible that it is a win 8 issue rather than a hardware problem. 

It may also be a driver error causing a looping process that runs up the heat. Who knows?   We know that this device unfortunately hit every other check in the box for most of us and a solution to the heat issue would be much appreciated.  We also know that Lenovo is in the best position to fix this and should do so, but apparently isn't interested.

Punch Card
Remco

YES, PLEASE try windows 7, I totally agree and wrote earlier, my good old (2 years) Sony has become a baking oven as well after installing Windows 8!

And concerning Lenovo.......... ad campang :-)

In Holland there advertising strongly now with the Yoga, giving them much more customers, unhappy customers and finally they have to do something....

Fanfold Paper
frankz

[ Edited ]

disabled all of the things you don't need at startup and left the Yoga alone

between 40-46 celcius while typing this. So why should it cool all the time anyway? 

Bad job Lenovo.....

Blue Screen Again
And_yoga

Lenovo Yoga 13 Lüfter Geräusche reduzieren / Lenovo Yoga 13 reduce fan noise.

[ Edited ]

Lenovo Yoga 13 Lüfter Geräusche reduzieren.

Habe nach langem testen die Lösung für die Lüfter Reduzierung J

Anleitung:

Download NoteBookFanControl(NBFC) http://sdrv.ms/P6RKKe

Download "Lenovo Yoga132191.config" http://sdrv.ms/14nWZLL

Kopiere die Datei „Lenovo Yoga 13 2191.config“ in den Configs Ordner

Starte das Programm NoteBook FanControl, öffne die Config und wähle die „Lenovo Yoga 13 2191.config“ aus. Klicke auf den Butten apply selected config.  Und nach 5 Sekunden wird dein Lüfter leiser. Und jetzt noch Auto fan control einschalten. Das war’s viel Spass.

Original Vorstellung von NoteBook Fan Control  auf Englisch und Deutsch

Wie immer alles auf eigenes Risiko ich übernehme keine Haftung für jegliche Folgeschäden.

Zur Information

Download Read & Write öffne EC,  das Register 242 und 243 sind für die Lüfter Steuerung zuständig.

Standartmässig sind die Register 242 und 243 auf dem Wert „00“ gesetzt.

Über eine kleine Spende würde ich mich freuen. Sende mir bitte eine PM.

Grüsse And_Yoga

Automatically translated to English

Lenovo Yoga 13 reduce fan noise.

I long to test the solution for the fan reduction

Instructions:
Download NoteBookFanControl(NBFC)
http://sdrv.ms/P6RKKe
Download "Lenovo Yoga132191.config"
http://sdrv.ms/14nWZLL 

Copy the file "Lenovo Yoga 13 2191.config" in the configs folder

Start the program NoteBook FanControl, open the config and select the "Lenovo Yoga 13 2191.config" from. Click on the config butts apply selected. And after 5 seconds your fan is quieter. And now turn on auto fan control. That's a lot of fun.

Original Vorstellung von NoteBook Fan Control  in English and German

As always, everything at your own risk, I accept no responsibility for any consequential damages.

For Information

Download Read & Write open EC, the register 242 and 243 are responsible for the fan control.
Standard default the tab 242 and 243 set to the value "00"

A small donation I would appreciate it. Please send me a PM.

Regards And_Yoga