Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Miladeba

A600 - Mouse Freezes / Locks - Try this first

[ Edited ]

I've had an issue with the first Lenovo I had bought, the A600.  Right out of the box, within the first 24 hours of use, the mouse would freeze and the pointer locked up.  After having replacemets sent of both the mouse and keyboard as both were giving me trouble from the get-go, I got the B500 instead. 

All seemed fine and dandy until a few weeks ago, the same thing started to happen.  It happened intermittently, and then wouldn't happen again for a few weeks (I've only had this computer for 2 months at the time of this writing)  It started to happen more so a few weeks ago, then stopped, did it a few times here and thre.  As of yesterday, it was bad, this morning it was worse. It was doing it excessively.   In a 10 minute time span it did it each and every minute.  As soon as I was able to get it back up and moving it would lock / freeze again.

Finally, I went to change the batteries.  I had used the batteries that came with the unit originally and changed them for Duracell batteries.  It seemed to do the trick, at least it has at this time.  I would not have thought it could be the battery in just the small amount of time we've had this computer and the little bit of usage it's been given.  It originally seemed to happen only when I was pulling down the blue scroll bar on the side of the screen, then it started happening on other areas of the screen. 

I just thought if someone started having trouble as I did, even though you may think it's not the batteries, do try a new set of them and see if it helps.

Just my 2 cents

Blue Screen Again
Miladeba

Re: A600 & B500 - Mouse Freezes / Locks - Try this first

Just an update...

While changing the batteries alleviated the constant trouble I was having, it did NOT end the issue.  I am periodically locking up on the scroll bar.  So far this week, for me at least (other users in the house) it's locked up 3 times, and whereas I use to be able to turn the mouse off and back on and functions would return, this doesn't do the trick it seems.  One of the times it locked on the blue scroll bar, it wasn't on the side scroll bar as it usually is.  It was actually the scroll bar within an email I was typing.  Still  blue scroll bar, but not the page scroll bar. 

Also, hitting the back arrow button would not return to the previous page.  This too has happened before.  Only rebooting computer would fix this problem.  Probably two totally seperate issues.

Still at a loss of why this lock up keeps happening.:smileymad:

Blue Screen Again
Miladeba

A year later, I continue to have the same issue from time to time.  I've replaced batteries, and even with brand new ones, I'll still have the same problem.  It's nothing short of annoying to having this keep happening.  Other than this one issue, I love the computer, but I do wish there was an easy fix for this problem.

Fanfold Paper
smlaggan

I have been having similar problems. I have an A310 which I've had for just over a month now and mouse freezes at least once a day for a few minutes. I have today downloaded a bluetooth update so hopefully that will solve this problem. I will keep you informed
Fanfold Paper
smlaggan

26-06-2011 Despite the update mentioned, this problem still exists.
Paper Tape
Franek

[ Edited ]

I have also an A310 and was facing the same issue with mouse/keyboard regularly freezing. I have posted a message today to explain what I did : you need to change the Bluetooth Radio settings in the Devices Manager (Click on Configuration Panel, then click on System, again on System, then on Device Manager in the left column). Just click in Bluetooth Radios, then twice on the BCM2042 Bluetooth to open its properties window, then on Power Management tab, and unclick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy". That should work. Please let me know then if my process is ok for you as it was for me.

Sorry to Mark, but this is even much better explained by him in the Knowledge Base. Please cancel my message.

Retired Guru
Duck3

Wireless keyboard/mouse may not be bluetooth.
The A600 I am testing has the same problem, but it is RF,
not bluetooth.
Paper Tape

Re: A600 - Mouse Freezes / Locks - Try this first

Use rechargable batteries, it worked for me, i use 4 GP3000 nimh and when it starts locking up, get the 2 charged batteries and charge the 2 drained ones.   

Works for me!
Paper Tape
zubenel444

Both my mouse and keyboard keep locking up at the same time.  There are no batteries in either, they are hardwired to usb ports.  Those ports work fine with other devices.  The mouse and keyboard don't work in any of my 6 usb ports until I hard power the PC down and up.  Any ideas, anyone?  I've tried different mouses (mice?), and different keyboards.  They all behave the same.  (Actually, fail to behave, in the same way.)  It's happening so frequently, I have to power my PC down every half hour or so.  Extremely frustrating.

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Zubenel444,

Has this always been the case, or has this started occurring after a change to Windows version or driver changes tha that may have been pushed down?

Can you check the mouse and chipset driver versions in device manager and compare against the latest on our support site?  Update if newer versions are available.

Other ideas... see if there is a BIOS update available for your model on the web.  If so, try that.  If no updates avail, or as a first step, go into your BIOS and select reload defaults, then save and exit.   This may re-write some values in CMOS.

Have you tried the keyboard and mouse on other systems?   

Do you have other USB mouse or keyboard you could try - could you try to isolate one and then the other to see if one of them is causing the problem and requiring the system reset?

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество