Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
rdonnelly

Re: A700 High Pitch Noise.

Quote: Just realised that Dell Vostro 320 AIO is released in the UK only last week, silly me should have wait another week :smileysad:

I am with you there, this is my first and last Lenovo

The OS: Linux Mint Debian 64--------------------------------------------------------
The Hardware: Lenovo A700, 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz
The Name: Bob
Blue Screen Again
Indyboy2

Ok

Here is the latest on the A700.I bought this refurbished from lenovo a week ago and sine unboxing I have these problems.

1 No Mouse

2 DVD-ROM Does not read all the time  put a disk in spits it back out says please insert disk when one is in the drive

3 High pitched whining noise  from the speakers.

On April 5th I called lenovo support on these issues and the sent a tech

On April 7th the tech showed up and replaced the speakers,dvd-rom,and mouse

After completed repairs the mouse still would not connect,The speakers still whined,but the dvd seemd to work fine after the replacement

The tech then proceeded to call lenovo and explain to them that the whine and the mouse are sttill a problem and they told the tech to put me on the phone.I then told them I wanted a replacement they said they could not do that and they said they will send me a box to send the computer back in.

April 8th I am waiting for the box to come so I cant send this junkpile back and hope they fix it and just dont do a bunch of meaningless stuff and send it back to me broken.

Anybody have any experiance with the repair depot center in texas ? do they do quality work or are they a wham bam kida outfit

Ill keep you updated I told they guy on the phone he should read the reviews on the a700 and read the lenovo forums he would see that there is a problem with the whine that needs to be addressed and if they cant fix it they should replace it with a non whining one or  a amd based computer with the same specs

What's DOS?
Laconic97

A700 High Pitch Noise Driving Me Insane!

When I turn on my A700 (4024-1AU) desktop, immediately, I hear a very high pitch noise. It's driving me insane! I've had this problem on a HP laptop before and the fix was to install a firmware upgrade and disable the C4 CPU function from the BIOS setting. I've searched online to see if there was a newer firmware for my new A700 without any luck. Anybody have a solution for this? If I don't get a resolution soon, it's going straight back for a refund. Please help!!

What's DOS?
verckt

Re: A700 High Pitch Noise Driving Me Insane!

I encounter the same problem. I noticed also that when I plug headphones, the noise disappears. It's not a solution, but might help in determining the real cause. Still waiting for a reply.

Paper Tape
dhammika

I am very interested to get a refund for my purchase... did you get yours sorted?

Blue Screen Again
Indyboy2

Well I have a update on the machine.I just received the computer back from the repair depot and the whine is gone .They replaced the motherboard and that seemed to do the trick as there is no more whine .As for the mouse I have to use energizer e2 or equivelent for the mouse to run it must draw alot of juice because I installed just regular rayovac and regular radioshack batteries and It would not work.

I have a question for all the a700 owners out there is the black besel around the screen scratched.I look at mine and it has fine scratches in it all around it.I removed one of the stickers on the bezel and underneath it has these scratches underneath the sticker ?Is this the way the bezel is supposed to look as It looks like crap?

Punch Card
rdonnelly

[ Edited ]

I put Duracells in my BT mouse and they would not work. My Bezel is just glossy with no scratches.

The OS: Linux Mint Debian 64--------------------------------------------------------
The Hardware: Lenovo A700, 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz
The Name: Bob
What's DOS?
frenzelp

Hi,

have the same problem with that high-pitched noise on my A700.

Turning down the volume or plugging in earphones does not work on my machine. When i open a VLC-Player with a MP3-file and pause the player the noise is gone.

After reading this thread it seems to me that the only way to get rid of that is to replace the mainboard?

Is this correct or does anybody have an alternative solution for this problem.

Did anybody find a firmware-update?

As this seems to be a regular problem with the A700 i would expect a general solution from Lenovo.

Best regards,

Patrick

Punch Card
faquino

[ Edited ]

As user dhammika pointed in post #22 in this thread, the noise dissapears when plugging earphones. When doing so, there's no noise coming from the headphones, either. Also, the noise volume appears to be constant regardless of windows mixer volume or speaker volume (touch controls).

Maybe it's just those pathetic speaker cables running through EMI laden places, crosstalk, etc.?