Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
macwatt

A700 Wireless Windows 7 64Bit

Hi I have just purchased a A700 desktop but I am having trouble with the broadcom wireless adapter.  The problem is I can only connect at 72mbps dose not matter what settings I use.  I currently have a Netgear DGND3300v2 router but I have also tried a BT Homehub 2.0 and a Belkin N router all with similar results.  I feel that it is a driver issue I am using the driver supplied with the computer and I have tried to search for a different driver but I am unsure which broadcom chipset the A700 uses.  Anyone have any ideas it seems the N connection is only using 20Mhz and as I said I have tried to enable 40mhz in the driver settings but it makes no difference

Paper Tape
ezveedub

Re: A700 Wireless Windows 7 64Bit

I don't think that will affect the performance and I gave up looking at those connection speeds. I have A700 wireless connected at 65mbps to my Belkin Dual N band router, and the download speed is about the same as my wired PC on the same router. You could try switching channels on the router also. That was an issue I had, mroe so if you have 2.4ghz wireless phones in your house.