Bluetooth Keyboard and / or mouse not recognized on A300 IdeaCentre

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎06-01-2010 by
Modified ‎06-01-2010 by
(12,628 Views)

Bluetooth Keyboard and / or mouse not recognized on A300 IdeaCentre

Symptoms

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse could fail to connect (either or both devices), even after following the setup instructions provided by Lenovo.  Occasionally, either or both Bluetooth device might disconnect intermittently.

The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse setup instructions can be found in the system User’s Guide or the Quick Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Setup Flyer.

Diagnosis

Blutooth drivers and firmware should be updated to ensure consistent pairing with Lenovo keyboard and mouse on A300 all in one IdeaCentre systems.

Solution

Using the links provided below, download and install the following Bluetooth software updates on your system.

Instructions

Download and install the software updates following the exact order provided on the instruction set below.

1. Download and install the Bluetooth firmware update.  Follow onscreen instructions and reboot the system.
  2. Download and install Bluetooth driver update.  Follow onscreen instructions and reboot the system.
  3. Download and install registry update.  Follow onscreen instructions and reboot the system (right-click to install as administrator).

A3 Series (A300)

Comments
by jake22 on ‎03-17-2011 01:20 PM

I have managed to connect both my mouse and keyboard as per the instructions.  The mouse works fine, but the keyboard will not enter letters properly.  When I try to use the letters that have Red numbers on them no matter what I do they only allow numbers. All the other letters are okay but J K L M U O come up as numbers and not letters.  Anyone know why please? 

by jake22 on ‎03-17-2011 01:23 PM

Forgot to mention the model,  I have just bought  the Ideacentre A310.   Also this message was sent using my laptop.  Thanks. 

by Administrator on ‎05-12-2011 07:38 PM

Jake, 

Your symptoms seem related to a different issue - check this out.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Typed-letters-appearing-as-increasing-num...

by boardbroom on ‎01-03-2014 03:59 PM

LA LETRA G DE MI TECLADO  A300-K  YA NO FUNCIONA BIEN TENGO QUE APRETARLA VARIAS VECES PARA QUE APAREZCA LA LETRA, ¿ PUEDO REPARARLO  YO MISMO?

Contributors