Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
sonny142

D400 System Status Indicator is red

The D400 has been unstable for a couple of weeks.  Cannot see it on the network.  I plugged it directly into my PC (windows7) and can discover it through windows explorer.  Tried to use the recovery disk after a shut down and reset on the back panel but it can't find the server.  I tried installing the connector software again and it saw the server but would not install.  It was looking for something from the servers operating system the it couldn't find.  Any helpful info is appreciated!

Thanks

Sonny

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: D400 System Status Indicator is red

Hi sonny142, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

It does sound like something is failing. In addition to the red LED, Is the system is showing a POST error code (page 58 of the user guide)? If so, time to call for a warranty repair.

If the system is managing to boot, and your PC can talk to it, you should be able to use Windows Remote Desktop Connection to log on to the server and check any errors it is showing.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
sonny142

Re: D400 System Status Indicator is red

I can log on with windows remote although I can't find where the error codes are.  It showed error codes (the 3 bottom red light on the right hand side of the server, bit 2) but now it is showing none.  I'll call service and see what they say.

Thank you for your reply!

Sonny