Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lyl
Blue Screen Again
lyl

[HELP] A300 Desktop Stuck at Windows Boot Manager Page

Hi Community,

I was trying to restore my desktop back to its orginal factory settings but through the process, it encountered an error and the system restarted. When the desktop is back on, the only page it offered was the 'Windows Boot Manager' page (As seen in the picture below). It says to insert the Windows Installation disc which not only do i not have, but also the A300 desktop does not have a disc/disk drive for me to insert any disc.

I have googled for any solutions but all of them require me to insert the disc which i clearly have no ways to do so.

How am i suppose to proceed from here to get my desktop working again?

2010-08-04_211308_picture-28.png

Thank you in advance for any kind responses.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: [HELP] A300 Desktop Stuck at Windows Boot Manager Page

Hi lyl

The hard disk MBR seems to be corrupted

Kindly boot the desktop into BIOS by pressing F1 key and then press F9 to load default settings and after this press F10 to save and exit.

Check if the system works or recovery from hard disk runs, to run the recovery after the system power on press F2 key and check if the recovery works fine.

If the issue continues then you may need to contact the support center.

Country or Region

Language

Telephone number

Hours of operation

Supported products

Singapore

English, Mandarin

9 am - 6 pm Monday - Friday 
9 am - 3 pm Saturday

IDEA Products

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: [HELP] A300 Desktop Stuck at Windows Boot Manager Page

Hello lyl,

Is this problem resolved yet?  If not, I have some notes about alternate ways to boot repair media that may help.  It's no guarantee that this will fix the problem, but at least you can run the repair tool and try.

Repairing Boot Problems Without a Windows DVD

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество