Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
routerbit01

IR Receiver

I just received my lenovo ideacentre b520 77452pu. When I try to set up the cable tv through windows media center it gives me the following message: windows media centre cannot detect your IR receiver. What do I do?

Punch Card
XXagon

Re: IR Receiver

Plug the IR Receiver that was included in the box (It's black and measure about 1x3 inches) into one of the USB Port. This receiver is used with the remote control like any typical TV Remote Control.
The receiver has a narrow receiving angle, so locate it where you can point the TV Remote Control directly at it. It works very well.
Paper Tape
routerbit01

I have plugged it in, and the remote has been working fine. This all in one is replacing a 3 year old HP all in one. The hp had a wire that used to run to the front of the cable box where it would receive signlas from the cable remote. This would send the signals to the cable box from the computer. Is that what is missing?

Punch Card
XXagon

Paper Tape
routerbit01

I was on the phone with Lenovo for 43 minutes. The cs rep told me he would get some answers for my problem and call me back. 24 hours later he did not call. I called back and gt someone else. I spoke to the for 2 hours and 18 minutes. He finally was able to tell me that I need the wire that goes from the computer and gets attached to where the cable box receives a signal. That costs extra. But he instructed me to call sales and tell them I have a type 2 issue and they would be able to help me out. If you have cable/satelite you can not use the tv tuner if you do not have this wire. I called customer service and they told me I had to pay. I told them I bought the computer to use the tv tuner and be able to record and pause live tv. It is advertised that the computer does this, but it does not. She said " So send it back!" I was shocked. So I said it is advertised to do something it doesn't  and you won't even dispute that? She said if you want the 'wire' you need to buy it. if not send the computer back. You did not order it with the 'wire' so it did not come with the wire. When I reorder to make sure I order the wire. I told her I assumed it came with all of the necessary hardware for all of the computer functions to work. I did not order a power cable, yet there it was when I opened the box. I also told her I would not be buying another Lenove. So I sent it back for a full refund. They even sent me a ups call tag. Case closed.