10-04-2011 06:14 PM
Last month I touched the power button on my desktop and it shocked me. After that it turns on (the power button's light turns on) but the screen/monitor does not display anything. What should I do? What could be the problem?
10-09-2011 08:04 PM
10-10-2011 05:50 PM - edited 10-10-2011 05:51 PM
After looking at the link you provided, I'm not sure whether to call since my warranty expired and it says I will be charged for calling.
I am so worried, I don't know what to do. I had already taken it to a small local computer store nearby but they couldn't really figure out the problem. They said that maybe it was the motherboard but they had difficulty locating or finding a motherboard for the IdeaCentre A600 so I took it back. I really want to get it fixed as soon as possible!
10-25-2011 01:16 AM - edited 10-25-2011 01:17 AM
Check the link Serge1410 provided,
look for "Find a Service Provider".
Enter zip code, and find someone in your area that you can take
it to, since shipping may be expensive. Call to service provider should not cost.
Just curious, how large a shock was it?
Do you have a static electricity problem at the computer location?
Ever get a Zap when you touch a light switch, for example?
It may have shocked you, or YOU may have shocked IT!
May be important for diagnosing the problem.
If it was a Large shock, there is a electrical problem inside
If you zapped it with static electricity, the power button board,
or connected circuits may have been damaged.
I am not a Lenovo employee, I work on computers,
and had a A600 for awhile.
10-26-2011 05:54 PM
I shocked it ...it wasn't a large shock just a simple spark which turned on the computer without actually me pushing the button. Unfortunately I'm afraid I may have damaged it. At first I thought I just damaged the power button.
Thanks for answering.