Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
KalvinKlein

IdeaCentre Desktop & Homeserver Shipping Discussion (2014-2012)

[ Edited ]

All,

Post your shipping and order management experiences here:

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

• Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
  • Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
  • Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
  • In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
  • Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
  • Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
  • Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
  • Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
  • Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

Prior shipping discussions for Ideacentre Desktops & Home Servers can be viewed on this thread.

ba23

IdeaCentre Desktop & Homeserver Shipping Discussion (2012)

[ Edited ]

anyone having major shipping delays with Q180?

I ordered a configured Q180 on 1/23/12. The status page says it will ship the wk of 3/20/12 which is a randomly generated date according to a support rep. That's a loooonnngggg delay these days. Anyone else getting there's much quicker or having the same delays?

Moderator Note; post merged in, subject edited. 

Fanfold Paper
scottishhaig

Re: IdeaCentre Desktop & Homeserver Shipping Discussion (2012)

Hello,

I ordered a B520 on 2/21/12 with an estimated ship date of 3/14/12.  Just curious if anyone has experienced longer or short ship times?

I was concerned with the 3+ week time fram and called Lenovo directly and the told me my order had been released for assembly...just wondering if I'm really looking at 3+ weeks or if it might ship more quickly...?

I know the estimated ship date is a conservative estimate, but I am just curious what other's experience has been with shipping times.

Thank you,

Blue Screen Again
pmorris710

i ordered on 1/22, when it still said it would ship in a few days. then it updated to 3/1 to ship. now that is past it changed to 4/10. that is a quarter of a year. that is a terrible way to do business, considering they are currently trying to establish increased market share,  they are going to gain an awful reputation in the meantime. i was on board to make them my new favorite after dell declined to a crap company. not off to a good start for sure. not so much as an update or explanation, just quiet waiting. sorry no caps, their page won't format right on my phone.

Blue Screen Again
pmorris710

[ Edited ]

Still waiting.  How is Lenovo activly promoting product they dont have? The estimated ship date when I ordered was 1/26, within a week. That means they weren't backed up then. So did production all together stop for months? The fact that you are selling things you knowingly do not have is completely evil practice. People don't order things to sit on their hands for months on end waiting.... we actually need what we ordered, thats why we ordered it. If you can't produce what you are actively promoting and still taking orders for, STOP SELLING IT. I didn't pre order a system. I ordered one. A 3 month pre order would be unacceptable at that.

What do you expect your reputation to be?

What's DOS?
Alucards23

[ Edited ]

On

• Order Date:

2012/04/23

I ordered a computer.

It is now 6/1/2012 and I haven't received anything!

Can anyone help me? I need a computer...... I wouldn't expect lenovo takes over a month to ship a computer to their customers?

I'm having a horrible experience ordering from lenovo.

Other parts like the monitor and software arrived, but when it was time to ship my computer, i got an email stating.

"Your order for the K330 will not be able to ship out due to a supply constraint on that particular configuration for the K330 77275FU. I can transition to  K330 77275GU. The only difference between the original order FU model and the GU, is that the GU model has a i7 processor instead of I5 and also 2TB of Hard drive space instead of 1TB on the FU model. Also the transition model GU, will only have the DVD burner, no blu ray drive on the GU model." 

I accepted and until now no computer.

What gives?!!!

Moderator Note; post merged in subject edited

Paper Tape
rpmlins

Order Date : 2012/11/23 Wich was Friday.

Lenovo Sent to UPS on 2012/11/26

And I received 2012/11/29

The stimated send dat was 2012/11/28

ans the stimated delivery date was 2012/12/03

Super fast delivery!

What's DOS?
rangav

I placed an order B520 on 11/19/12. Product shipped on 11/28/12 and arrived on 12/4/12. But they are supposed to send MCE remote control, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. But they didn't send MCE remote. They sent wired USB mouse & keyboard. After my 2 calls and 4 days later they agreed missing/wrong parts and informed me that they are out of stock. How can you complete the order with wrong parts and not informing customer. It is shady practice. They gave me only one option and that is return the product. Yes. I returned and waiting for the credit. What a mess from a reputable company? I wasted my time dealing with this company.
Blue Screen Again
idave

[ Edited ]

Ordered a K430-31092SU on 11/27/2012 and it arrived on 12/03/2012. I did not customize the PC or buy any additional items and was very satisfied with the shipping time. Unfortunately the PC has a hardware failure on the motherboard. Tech support was great and I have a case number to get the PC replaced but I have been getting the run-around from Lenovo Customer NoService ever since.

This is the FIRST bad experience I have ever had purchasing products from an online retailer for at least over 10 years.

iDave

eku
Paper Tape
eku

I ordered a Q190 on Jan 28; before the order the website estimated a ship date of Feb 1.  Feb 1 came around and my estimated ship date changed to May 10 (four months later).  I was concerned, so I called customer support and they told me, essentially, they didn't know when my computer would ship.  I've gotten two followup emails from them to reiterate this.

I am cancelling my order and getting a Mac Mini.  It costs more, but Apple absolutely would not treat a customer like this.  I now have a poor opinion of Lenovo, and won't consider them in the future.

Side rant: I'd cancel right now, but customer support apparently isn't open on the weekends.