Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
sjackson

IdeaCentre Q180 Low Framerate, Chocking with Flash Video, Hulu, etc.

Hi,

I just got the latest IdeaCentre Q180 (with 4GB RAM) and I'm disappointed that I have to spend so much time on installing drivers and configuring the system :-(

The problem:

Playing high-res DivX videos with VLC or Windows Media Player works perfectly. 

HOWEVER, playing Flash-based videos such as HULU or Amazon Prime Videos result in noticeable low framerates. It is not a start and stop behavior that you have when you bandwidth is low. Actually the videos are fully buffered. 

It is more like a low framerate - such as playing 3D games on a slow machine. 

The CPU usage is only around 20-30%. 

The Lenovo box is hooked with a HDMI cable to a TV.

What I tried:

• I tried to deactivate and activate hardware accellaration in Flash without any difference.
  • Installed latest ATI Catalyst drivers
  • Installed latest Realtek wireless drivers (otherwise I had no stable Wifi connection)
  • Updated Windows 7

Fanfold Paper
sjackson

Re: IdeaCentre Q180 Low Framerate, Chocking with Flash Video, Hulu, etc.

[ Edited ]

Obviously I'm not the only one with the issue:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4258364

I'm wondering what Lenovo has to say?! Anyone else has low fps?

Paper Tape
Error10

Yes, I have the same problem. In addition, flash videos flicker and the fullscreen turns green after a while for some videos. The Q180 then says that the VGA driver crashed and had to be rebooted. Does anyone know what to do in this case? I tried reinstalling all video and graphic card drivers, no improvements.

Paper Tape
Error10

This problem still remains, although the topic has existed for such a long time. Can someone from Lenovo PLEASE reply to this? I really want to be able to watch flash videos in full screen.

I find it unbelievable that this problem occurs despite countless graphics driver updates and although the processor is not busy at all.

Retired Employee
NINE

Hi all,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear the issues your facing. 

Was reading through you thread and it does appear to be a similar issue that I worked with no long agon on a diffrent machine. What was causing this issue is propbably the Flash Accelartion that is causing the issue. You might need to disable the acceleration. The istructions to disable this can be found on the link.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3863047#3863047

Please do give it a try and do post your results,

hope this helps

regards

Paper Tape
Error10

Hi Nine,

thanks for your reply. I deactivated the acceleration now and checked with a random video. It appears to have improved a bit, although this judgment is highly subjective. However, the framerate is still not perfect, i.e., it is still a bit laggy. You can watch the video, but you note that it's a bit too slow. Any other ideas what we could try?

Once again, both processor and RAM are far from their limits and the GPU drivers are up to date.

Thanks.

Retired Employee
NINE

Hi error10,

Thanks for posting your results. Its really har to say at this point. I'm assuming that your machine is using the Pre-loaded Windows and usually the windows come bundled together with the Lenovo Software. 

In one of my other cases it was found that the Preloaded Mcafee anti Virus software caused the slowdown of the the FPs, could you confirm that if you Macfee Antivirus installed? you might want to uninstall it or disable it.

Do let me know of the changes.

regards

Paper Tape
Error10

[ Edited ]

Hi,

while I am using the preinstalled Windows and the included software package, i have uninstalled McAfee right in the beginning. I replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials.

EDIT: By the way, even YouTube videos do not play at proper frame rates when played in 1080p. Blu-ray discs, however, play just fine. So I assume it really must be the flash player ...

What's DOS?
adverb

Same problem. Had it since the day I bought it. I just tried to RMA it within my warrenty period. Instead of replacing the machine or refunding me, Lenovo sent a tech to replace everything in the computer. New mobo, everything. Result, it does the exact same thing as it did before. It's flash, not the newest 3d game. Surely the hardware is capable of running HULU. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Paper Tape
Rumpleman

I am having this exact same problem. Please, can we get some help from Lenovo on this? I bought this machine specifically to watch flash (nba league pass), on my TV and it doesn't run smoothly. I have done everything that was suggested above.

Thanks