Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
harveys
Accepted Solution

Ideacentre A700 Bluetooth Issues

I have a new A700 and unfortunately didn't pay attention to some of the reviews I read about problems with Bluetooth mouse lag and keyboard responsiveness.  The mouse lag is severe and seems to be tied to some kind of workload on the system, perhaps network.  I had to connect a USB wireless mouse to use the system.  The keyboard goes to sleep and you end up typing 3 or 4 characters before it wakes up.  This is annoying, but I am working with it.  The wireless  Bluetooth keyboard and mouse were a major differentiating factor when I bought the system.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues, and if so have you found a fix? 

HDMI
medeiom

Re: Ideacentre A700 Bluetooth Issues

I have a friend who is currently experiencing the same issue.  Check the keyboard and power options setting for bluetooth. You should be able to turn off the sleep mode if it is indeed related to that.

Paper Tape
PierreR

Just got an A700 and have this problem as well with BT mouse. The keyboard works ok but I need to have the mouse next to the screen (left side idealy) to have it work. Still looking for a workaround or will be calling support.

Punch Card
rdonnelly

I have noticed the same thing wiht mouse lag, and I am using Linux on my A700, sounds like Lenovo needs to release a new Bios for this system.

The OS: Linux Mint Debian 64--------------------------------------------------------
The Hardware: Lenovo A700, 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz
The Name: Bob
Punch Card
rdonnelly

Following up on this, it is no wonder I could not play with windoze for more then 5 minutes the day I took my A700 out of the box, before I took out the Linux Debian 64 DVD and started to create partitions for my real OS. I thought, this thing is doggedly unresponsive for having 4 processors, 1/2 gig of video, and 4 gig of ram. I guess it was just the BT lag that made windoze a terrible experience on this machine. With Linux it is not as noticeable, but it still happens.
The OS: Linux Mint Debian 64--------------------------------------------------------
The Hardware: Lenovo A700, 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz
Paper Tape
PierreR

Update: I ended up calling support. They mentioned some issues with driver on windows 7 64bit and updated the BT driver. This did not resolve the problem and decided to send a new BT card + KB/Mouse. A service guy came today and replaced the BT card which seem to solve my issue. They also replace KB/Mouse (but don't think it was necessary). I don't have to be close to the screen for the mouse to work now.

Token Ring
goodmayes

[ Edited ]

Everyone with bluetooth issue, download the driver for Lenovo A320

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_4197.html

Paper Tape
dhammika

Few days ago, I've just bought my first-ever Non-DELL, the A700 having compared with so many DELLS and thought it's a good machine.

But this BT lag has really put me down. I use my PC for almost everything from browsing to hosting DBs, so precision is a paramount for me. Very disappointed with this BT issue both on the Mouse and Keyboard.

Has anyone downloaded the latest broadcom BT drivers and solved the issue? I will try tonight and let you all know if that works.

Also has anyone from the UK had their BT card replaced and got the Mouse/KB working fine?

Failing with driver update, shall contact Support.

Any advise welcome.

Paper Tape
dhammika

I've updated the Bluetooth deriver from V 6.3.5.430 to V 6.5.0.131 but there is no diference of the mouse an keyboard lag :smileysad:
Punch Card
rdonnelly

It was so pathetic, I went and bought a Logitech wireless KB and mouse. That garbage Lenovo ships was hard to work with any ways. Key spacing was wrong and was easy to mistype. And the mouse looked like a $2 model.