Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
voerman

Ideacentre A700 blu-ray playing problems

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased an A700 and am having trouble playing some blu-ray discs. Older blu-rays seem to play fine, but newer titles (e.g. Avatar and Percy Jackson) produce a message saying that the blu-ray player needs to be updated. I am using the supplied Intervideo Windvd to play the discs.

It turns out that the version of Windvd supplied with the A700 needs to be updated but tech support refused to acknowledge that and said the blu-ray player is working as intended! My frustrating experience with them is a topic in and of itself.

Anyway - I downloaded a 30 day trial copy of Cyberlink Powerdvd 10 and all my blu-ray discs play fine using that software. Before I have to pay $90 for the full version of powerdvd, does anyone know of a way to upgrade the supplied windvd free or at a reduced price? A search of the Lenovo site produced nothing useful.

Incidentally I have a Sony laptop which is nearly a year old and it plays all my blu-ray discs, with its supplied software, without the problem that the A700 exhibited - go figure.

Thanks,

Lou 

Paper Tape
ezveedub

Re: Ideacentre A700 blu-ray playing problems

Not sure about the stock Blu-Ray software for the later A700 units, as I got an earlier version and added the Blu-Ray drive myself, BUT, the Power DVD 10 ultra does work very well. I installed it with a Blu-Ray drive I added. Blu-Ray movies will have software updates as newer titles come out, so it will always require some updating to the player. Just not sure why your new unit would need it for Avatar. Then again, there are some poeple with stand alone BluRay players that have had issues with Avatar also. I would assume Sony would have all the bugs and updates for BluRays, since they own the format.