08-06-2012 09:47 AM
I have a new Ideacentre model K430. I'm receiving the following messages almost daily in the event viewer.
Text: The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention.
Reason : Graphics subsystem resources are over-utilized.
Diagnosis : A consistent degradation in frame rate for the Desktop Window Manager was observed over a period of time.
However there is not heavy graphics use. Maybe Excel is open and Internet Explorer. I am running two displays.
I have never seen this message before on lesser machines and am puzzled that its appearing on quite a powerful machine
Any guidance appreciated.
08-17-2012 03:02 AM
Welcome To Lenovo Community
You may please try the following
Uninstall the Display drivers and reinstall the same from Support web link
1. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box and press Enter.
2. Double click to expand "Display adaptors".
3. Right click your graphics card and click Uninstall.
4. Check "Delete driver software for this device" check box, click OK.
5. Click Start, type APPWIZ.CPL.
6. High light the graphics card software and choose Uninstall
7. Restart the computer.
Now double click on the downloaded file to reinstall the drivers
Hope This Helps
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!