Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
mamdouhbg
Accepted Solution

Ideacentre b520 touch stop working :( !!!

[ Edited ]

I just recieved my device yesterday ... everything was going ok

but suddenly the touch stopped working sometimes and other made a random moves itself

i tried to restore the dvice to its initial state but also the problem still, the screen does not respond at all, the mouse cursor jumps to the center of the screen, and making a zoom in while am writing now

anyone have any idea to get it to wiork again ... i am very dissapointed , the device didnt complete 24 hours
 now
looking for help

thank you.

Paper Tape
hossein_zi

Re: Ideacentre b520 touch stop working :( !!!

Hi mamdouhbg. I got the same problem, exactly like you. I tried various options. From restoring to factory to instaloling another windows other than original windows. In the other hand, i tried to install some drivers for graphic card and etc. Also i tried to callibrate the screen and other works... . Finally i had to send it back to gauranty, they fix it by changing the screen, not whole system. Please note that they fix it for me in more than 40 days, because i am living in IRAN. I don't know about the support performance in your area. Please if you have necessary work with your system, ask them for the fix period. 

Punch Card
mamdouhbg

Thank you for reply, but what is the technical reason ?

The screen became crazy ,, now the touch feature work and stops randomly.

The problem is that I got my device from another country , so the warranty does not cover it in my country.

Am from Egypt and the device from UAE, Dubai ...

So if the problem cannot be solved indoor it will cost some money.

Anyway thanks for help

Paper Tape
hossein_zi

I don't know about the technical reason.

I recommend (suggest) you to ignore this feature totally. Actaully if you usually do not need this feature... 

Approximately, i never used this feature to date!!. So i just wasted my time and nothing else...

Punch Card
mamdouhbg

[ Edited ]

Thanks for reply

but now do you have the latest update from nvidia and the screen still works without problem, or still with the original update from lenovo ?

thanks

Paper Tape
hossein_zi

When my screen didn't worked, i tried the latest NVIDIA driver, but problem remained the same. Currently i am using latest driver, however with original driver there was no problem (after warranty). I am using latest driver because without it, my b520 will become locked! (blue screen or reset) in little time (5 minutes). I also installed latest DirectX to overcome this problem. Finally, it works. It is 2 months or more that my system never locked again...

Punch Card
mamdouhbg

Sorry ,

I mean that even that you are now using the latest NVIDIA driver, but the touch of the screen is working normally ?

If that right i conclude that my problem,( the screen made randomly touchs in the middle of it) is a hardware issue not cause the display driver ??

Paper Tape
hossein_zi

Yes (i think). The same as your problem, the accuracy of my touch screen was very low. When i clicked in the left side it act in the right or middle of screen. As i said before, i tried any driver to solving the problem, but neither works. Finally, they changed the whole screen (HARDWARE problem).

Currently, after changing the touch screen, every driver work the same for me when dealing with touch screen.

I just said that, my PC (whole pc) crashed when i have been used old Graphic driver (not touch screen crash).

What's DOS?
MaryDesch

I've had the IdeaCentre lemon for about 90 days...the machine has not worked right from the beginning.  Moreover, getting it replaced is like trying to get the Republicans to agree with the Democrats in Congress---i,e. I continue the nightmare.

First, the bluetooth system is nonfunction and the machine powers down on it's own with the dreaded blue screen--leaving me only to sort out SAFE mode.

Needless to say, about $1000 dollars later (IT consultant fees)  I'm still stuck with the lemon.  They sent out a repair person to replace the mother board, and it still malfunctions.

They want to blame it on whatever software I've loaded, so I'm forced to restore it to factory settings every time I have another problem with it....yes, it still powers down and will not come out of SAFE mode even with a new mother board, memory stick and whatever bluetooth repair (which didn't stay working)..

When I ask for a new machine, now they insist I pack up the machine, send it to their "SWAT" team (give me a break!), and now they will magically make lemonade out of the lemon---I still get the machine back in 10days.  I don't trust putting any data on it.   I would never recommend Lenovo to anyone, based purely on the customer service---I should have had a new machine by now...Does anyone  else have this?   Mary, in Phoenix

Paper Tape
brcyang

I suffered on the cursor jump when typing on work, it jump to "show Desktop" on the bottom right corner.

After searching, it always jump back to the serached page.

I have passed this point by turn off the pen and touch

control pannel > pen and touch

Turn off all button of "pen" and "touch", then it seems work normally as a regular PC.

The touch is user unfriendly slow, (couple second lag after touching on screen) why bother to turn it on.

It is a good idea that user can touch screen, but it is a bad design to show unreasonable slow response time.