Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
swatboy79

Lenovo B520 VESA Wall Mount Adapter Bracket

Hi all,

I have recently purchased the new IdeaCentre B520. Unfortunately mine did not come with the VESA adapter bracket mentioned in the posts title. Looking in the "Hardware replacement Guide" it mentions this bracket and shows how to attached it.

Does anyone know what the part number is or where it can be found, as i cannot find it on the internet anywhere.

Perhaps it is because it is such a new model, but then i cannot find ANY flavor of adapter bracket from Lenovo.

I have been in contact with customer support but they have not got back yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Wes

Fanfold Paper
swatboy79

Re: Lenovo B520 VESA Wall Mount Adapter Bracket

Lenovo Customer Service got back to me and they said the part cannot be found or procured.

Very misleading documentation on lenovos part regarding specification and part numbers, and even if you will win the mounting bracket lotto and get one in your box.

I guess ill have to fabricate one.

Bless anyone who purchases this and wishes to wall mount it.

Paper Tape
Swee

I feel your pain. Got mine for my wife to hang in the kitchen. Can't hang it without the adapter without breaking the back panels and the electrical cord is in the way. I've spoke with four different support people and my salesman. They had no idea what I was talking about. Even after faxing them the manual that shows you how to install this imaginery adapter bracket. I too have given up. I bought my kids DELL's for college and will never purchase another LENOVO product again.... If you find a place to fabricate one can you pass it on.. Thanks.
Community SuperMod
bananaman

The VESA 100mm wall mount kit definitely comes with some models. There's a pic of it in the Hardware Replacement Guide. Perhaps someone can post the wall mount kit part number?

IdeaCentreB520WallMount.JPG

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
Brian1939

[ Edited ]

I contacted lenovo Support and got an email saying. 

"The part request is not possible to have ..

It is not a part support from us and our supplier".

This is not good enough. It is clearly stated on the UK website and on the downloadable brochure that the wallmount is standard on all models. This is one of the reasons I bought the product.

I am thinking of making a complaint to UK Trading Standards.  Of course I will ensure Lenovo is aware before I make the complaint.

Moderator edit: Removed email to prevent spambots from getting it, and campaigning per the Community Rules.

Paper Tape
sla200x

[ Edited ]

I just purchase my Lenovo 520. I asked  the  Lenovo Sales Rep to confirm that is does ship with the VESA wall mount and she said yes. I asked her  to reconfirm and to also write that on the reciept as this is a would be a deal breaker for me. She said she double confirmed that mine will ship with it the mount and she wrote that on my receipt.  I hope this will not be any issue when i recieve it.

PS: I emailed the my sales rep with the link to this tread asking her to assist with helpping you guys find the proper mount. Hopefully she can get his done.

Paper Tape
Swee

Did you get it with the wall bracket adapter? I too, asked for them to double check for the adapter. He told me it was wall mountable several times. Them we went back and forth for weeks. I should have sent it back, but they kept promising they could help me.... Hope you got your's and thanks for trying to help us.

Paper Tape
schne166

[ Edited ]

We talked to a sales rep tonight who indicated that they have received several calls about this and what he found is that the part for the VESA mount is included in the stand and that who ever is assembling these things is not putting it in.  He had us call back the service department and ask to have a new stand sent to us.  We'll find out when it gets here if that's it!

What's DOS?
mike1230

Did you get it with the wall bracket adapter? I am also trying to find it. But I didn't.

Paper Tape
Swee

I love it when they repeat back the obvious... Have they found the part number or is this another person telling you they can help you, to get you off the phone?