Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
LarryR

Poor Service on ICENTRE K230

I bought a three year onsite warranty on my desktop when I bought it.  It died completely on Friday, March 16, 2012.  I called the support center and told them the problem.  She registered the call and gave me a trouble ticket number.  She said I should hear from them within two days.  I did not hear from anyone on Monday, the 19th, so I called back to see what was going on.  On this call, the man I talked to said he thought a power supply and a mother board had already been shipped, but he said he could not get in touch with the person to verify this, but he would check and call me back.

Nobody called, so I called again yesterday and talked to another man and he verified that the two parts were sitting at the FedEX office waiting to be picked up.  I waited all day today and still no call.  So I called back this evening and was getting the run around from yet a third person, so I asked to talk to a supervisor.  He told me that they had sent an email to the "outbound service people" and that I should be hearing from him.  I told him that I spent over 30 years with IBM and all of it in tech support and support management.  It was my biggest hot button to get a call from the customer telling me that they could not get the technician to give them a simple phone call.  This time I am the customer and nobody is calling me.  I am managing the call instead of Lenovo.  It's supposed to be the other way around. 

I have a network here at home and this PC is the host for my other computers.  After this run around, I have no faith that I will receive a call from the technician anytime soon.     

Paper Tape
LarryR

Re: Poor Service on ICENTRE K230

This is just an update on the issue I reported on yesterday on my dead ICENTRE K230.  Today I received a recorded message that my problem had been reported to a company named Unisys Corporation.  But I received no personal call from anyone acknowledging my call, or when I could expect someone to show up.  A recorded message is about as personal as a dial tone.