Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
rzbikot
Accepted Solution

Q180-3110 onboard audio driver problem

Hi,

I just got q180-3110 DOS version and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit for it.

I can get sound through HDMI output (tested with my TV, normally I use VGA monitor) but SPDIF/headphones/microphone doesn't work. I checked playback/recording devices to show disabled/disconnected but only HDMI out comes.

In Device Manager there's an error code 10 (this device cannot start) for High Definition Audio Controller.

I tried drivers from Lenovo download site, tried Realtek drivers, tried updating chipset drivers, uninstalling, disabling, reinstalling, reinstalling windows - no luck. Selecting driver manually doesn't work because it always shows Microsoft as the only compatible.

Windows updates are on but nothing useful downloads and I still have no sound.

Help,

Andy

Paper Tape
Lch503

Re: Q180-3110 onboard audio driver problem

I have found that win 7 32bit works fine but I have this problem with 64bit. Therefore I think it is an issue with windows rather than the computer, however I hope there is going to be a fix soon from either Microsoft or lenovo! If you bought a retail copy of win 7 you should have a 32 bit disc you can use. This does limit the amount of RAM you can address, but this is the only solution I have found so far.
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hello rzbikot and welcome to community,

Kindly uninstall the Audio driver from the device manager and download the driver from the mentioned below web link.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/driversdownloads/Drivers_Show_5268.html

Please check the Audio setting from Control Panel > Sound > Audio

Select the Audio device from here.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
rzbikot

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I bought OEM version of Windows 7 so I have no option but 64-bits.

For the driver side it looks like exactly the same driver I downloaded from:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=104107

but I will try it anyway and give you feedback.

I'm little afraid the unit might be faulty because I've alredy stuck Windows COA label to the case :smileysad:

Thanks,

Andy

Paper Tape
LukeK

Hi,

thanks for your response, but  it doesn't  solve this problem.  I tried uninstall of the audio driver and then I again install driver from your link, but the problem persists (High Definition Audio Controller in Device Manager - errorcode 10) . I checked the Audio setting from Control Panel > Sound > Audio, but there is only one device - AMD HDMI Output. 

About my system: 

new installation - from Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1  64-bit  - Czech version -  DVD

-all drivers from Lenovo support web

- all  updates from the service  Windows Updates 

Could you help me, please? 

Best regard,

LukeK. 

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hello LukeK,

Kindly uninstall the video and audio driver from device manager, also check if it listed in program and feature.

Restart the system install only video driver and let Windows pick the generic audio driver.

Restart the system again and check if it works, else install the audio driver which you downloaded previously.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
Lch503

Lukek, this is the same issue that I am having with 64 bit windows 7. RzbiKot, did you activate windows 7 when you installed it, if not you may be able to exchange it for the 32 bit version.
Paper Tape
Lch503

Hopefully it's not a a hardware fault. I think it's the way 64 bit installs because I did manage to get the sound to work fine on one install of 64 bit win 7, but had to reinstall as I tried doing too many things at once like installing updates and program's @ the same time and windows grind to a halt and started playing up.im glad it's not just me having this issue.
Paper Tape
rzbikot

Hi,

I tried drivers from supplied link but problem is still the same.

To verify if it's hardware problem I tried my old Windows XP 32-bit and without any problem I installed Lenovo audio driver. Headphones out was working.

Then I tried older Windows 7 64-bit installation DVD (from my gaming rig) which doesn't come with integrated SP1. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if Windows 7 64-bit came eith or without SP1. Problem still stays.

As a conlusion I must admit Lch501 is right, driver for 64-bit system is bad and doesn't work.

I saw there is version of Q180 that comes with pre-installed Win7-64bit. Is it possible that Lenovo is using different (internal release) driver for audio with those installations?

Thanks,

Andy

Paper Tape
qirin

Hi,

I also tried the solution offered by tanujhanda, but it also does not work.

Doesn't seem to be a hardware issue because I got the headphone and microphone working with Ubuntu 11.10.

I did not try Windows 7 32-bit because I want my full 4GB RAM. I sure Lenovo has a solution for this but they won't tell regardless if you call them or write community messages.

Regards,

qirin