Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
rzbikot

Re: Q180-3110 onboard audio driver problem

Do we have solution for this already? Lenovo is selling q180 with win7 64-bit pre-installed so I trust there shouldn't be a problem to supply us with working drivers?
Paper Tape
Lch503

I suggest someone gives the support line a ring. I have fixed the issue for now by using win 7 32bit as I only have 2gb RAM in the machine and don't require 64bit. Leon
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hi rzbikot,

Sorry for the late response.

Kindly download the audio driver from external link and check if it works for you.

http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-download.php?realtek=ALC662&system=3

This web link is managed an controlled by Lenovo.

Kindly update the status.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
primus

Hello tanujhanda,

the driver from this link also does not work.

Best Regards,

Primus

What's DOS?
taligula

Betreff: Q180-3110 onboard audio driver problem

Hi,

same problem here, is there already a solution?

Description in detail:

-- Sound, video and game controllers

---- High Definition Audio Device:  ok

-- System devices

---- High Definition Audio Controller:  ok

---- High Definition Audio ControllerDevice status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

-> Update Driver Software... The best driver software for your device is already installed. :-(

Please note: It is the "High Definition Audio Controller"

Please HELP!

- taligula

Paper Tape
rzbikot

Hi Tanuj,

Unfortunately this driver doesn't solve problem. I'm getting really frustrated with this....

Regards,
Andy
What's DOS?
bahamas

I've got the same result: purchased the DOS version of the Q180, installed W7 (I’ve got multiple genuine W7 licenses at my disposal) – and the bleeding Realtek sound chip driver would not install.

Then I went ahead and ordered a unit with W7/64 pre-installed and copied the setup incl. drivers to the DOS-only machine: miraculously (or rather not so much) this worked. When I check device manager, the driver detail reveals the provider as “Andrea Electronics Corporation”, version 1.0.64.10, © 2007-2009 Andrea Electronics.

Trying to d/l and install a newer driver from Realtek’s website still fails.

I am not sure how this is of any help to any of you – let me know if you need more detail.

Cheers,

Bahamas

Paper Tape
Ysanne

I have the DOS version with a Win7 / 64 Bit OS and same the problem.

I use a USB Sound Card  now, since the missing sound renders the machine useless otherwise.

No other soultion was working so far.

Paper Tape
rzbikot

[ Edited ]

Hi Bahamas,

Thanks a lot for your input! This proves that Lenovo is not supplying us with correct software for download or Q180 DOS has different hardware onboard thus shouldn't be Q180 anymore.

I suggested already to them to let us have the same drivers as the Win7 pre-installed versions has but they still re-direct us to different download sites for the same non working driver.

Now it's your time Lenovo. Even if it's going to be BIG download please just pack the setup folder with working drivers and give us download link. Or you can post me CD by mail if you like :smileyhappy:

If they don't do it can you please Bahamas ZIP this setup folder and upload onto some Rapidshare? I'm sick of the problem.

Kind regards,
Rzbik

Paper Tape
MatAlSch

Hi all,

2 days ago, I bought a Q180 and encountered the same problem with the Audio driver.

I just tried to reach the Lenovo Support; but they told me, it´s a installation problem and I should call a special 0900 number for 1.xx Euro/min. Are they crazy?

Has anyone found a solution so far?

Matalsch