Support in other languages: 
ED5
What's DOS?
ED5
Accepted Solution

Q180 not powering off

When I opt to shut down the Q180 Windows 7 closes down as normal but the Q180 stays powered on

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Q180 not powering off

Hello ED5 and welcome to community,

As I understand your query, the desktop led remains on.

Kindly check the desktop on different power socket and discharge the capacitors by unplug mains, press the power button 5 times and also the monitor power button 5 times then plug the mains.

If the issue persist then check if the BIOS settings.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
jphill

No it is not the Power LED on the display! I have a Q180 and have the same problem - when shutting down Windows 7, the Windows 7 shutdown completes ok but the system power light stays on (on Q180) and the fan is continuing to spin. I havew to hold the power button for several seconds to force it to close off.

This is frustrating and making me feel like the product has a problem that has not been recognised - come on Lenovo lets get a fix for this please!

Paper Tape
Error10

Hi,

I also face this problem and would appreciate if someone from Lenovo could react, since it seems this is a widespread error.

Thanks!

What's DOS?
trevoredd

I work for a School District and we just purchased 40 of these workstations for a lab.  I am experiencing the same issues and that is going to be a real problem in a lab environment.  It would be great to see a solution for this from Lenovo.  We have strictly been a Dell customer in the past and it looks like we may be going back.

Paper Tape
willp2003

I have this problem as well. Sometimes it will shut down but mostly the fans just stay on. 

Any chance of a fix?

Paper Tape
willp2003

I've updated the ethernet and audio drivers, the Intel chipset and the AMD CCC. also turned off wake on magic packet, green ethernet and energy saving on the NIC. 

Since then I had 4/4 successful shutdowns. Looking good so far.

What's DOS?
Brotherduck

Can anyone else confirm success with this issue. This is also an issue for me on this Q180.
Retired Employee
NINE

Hi all, 

Sorry to hear about the issues you're facing. However in order for to investogate further may I know if there was anything particular that you had installed or did which later on caused this effect? Reason I'm asking is that I'd want to dive further into this as I've seen this happened with my own personal machine before which unfortunately is not a lenovo system. What i did was to rectify it was to go into the BIOS and there was a setting to configure on how the sustem need to be shut. As Bios system and brand to brand bios system may vary you may want to give it a check to make sure.

On another note. There was a particular case my co worker had with his personal Q180. Nothing serious actually. According to him, just like willp2003 but disable the wake on magic packet it appears to have rectified a number of stuff. I'm not particualarly sure what the relation between the two, but i'll need to investigate further on this.

But as a work around i'd like you all to try it out by disabling the wake on magic packet or follow what has been suggested by willp2003. It definitely is worth the shot.

Do let me know how it goes.

regards

Paper Tape
willp2003

To give you an update. My PC has shut down every time since upgrading the various bits.

I do now have a new problem though. If I switch my input on my TV and then back to the PC input, the Audio is "unplugged" according to windows. I have to reseat the HDMI cable to fix this. I'm going to try and roll back a driver or tewo to try and fix this.

Can someone confirm what audio devices they haev in windows? I've got the AMD HDMI, and a Realtek one (which I have disabled for now).