Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
morgang
Accepted Solution

Q180 won't play blu ray discs via Lenovo PowerDVD - suggestions?

The first time I launched the included PowerDVD10 it immediately threw  a message saying it had a problem and neededto close, followed by a message that an update was available.   The gui message was just that the application needed toclose.  

The log shows: 

Fault bucket 2874742412, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: PowerDVD10.exe
P2: 10.0.3105.0
P3: 4e124e1b
P4: CLVistaAudioMixer.dll
P5: 1.0.0.4705
P6: 4af2a288
P7: c0000005
P8: 00007338
P9: 
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\morgan\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAC9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\morgan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_PowerDVD10.exe_1246f1308995a22b2a38fb5df671bf22d6835e_009a9665

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: bd39ab49-6a10-11e1-b84b-50af73180538
Report Status: 0

After the update, PowerDVD would launch without immediately having to close.  

However, upon inserting a disc the progress bar goes to 99% then just hangs there. Not sure if these make a difference, but the disc title is History of the World Part I and it's connected to an Onkyo receiver via HDMI.  

I've uninstalled it from add / remove programs, rebooted, then re-installed it via the Lenovo Bundled Software Installation.  Decided to test with The Dark Knight, with the same progress bar to 99% then stopping.   

Please advise how if you've worked through similar issues.  Or, does anyone have experience with other software that might play blu ray discs successfully? 

Thank you in advance, 

-Morgan

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Q180 won't play blu ray discs via Lenovo PowerDVD - suggestions?

Hello Morgan,

You should uninstall the software and drive driver from the device manager.

Then after drive driver gets installed, you should install the Power DVD software.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Blue Screen Again
morgang

Re: Q180 won't play blu ray discs via Lenovo PowerDVD - suggestions?

Thank you for your reply.  

Opened Programs and Features, uninstalled Lenovo PowerDVD10, opting not to keep personal settings.  

Opened Device Manager Right-Mouse-Clicked on HL-DT-ST BDVDRW CA30N USB Device and selected Uninstall.  

Rebooted.

Reinstalled PowerDVD BD3D from Lenovo bundled software installation and rebooted when prompted. 

As before it crashed at fist launch.  Unlike before, it did not prompt to say an update was available. 

Installed the Lenovo.Lenovo_RiTA10_v_DVD110707-07 update from where I'd saved it previously.  

Rebooted again. 

Progress bar reaches 99% then just sits there when trying to load the blu ray disc.  

I'm open to other suggestions? 

Blue Screen Again
morgang

Resolved: Q180s won't play blu ray discs via Lenovo PowerDVD

[ Edited ]

I also get an immediate crash trying to play a regular DVD.    I have a 2nd Q180 and would like to try swapping the optical drives.  

Other than the curved USB connector, what else connects the drive to the computer? 

Just plugged in the 2nd Q180, set up an initial password and encountered very similar issues.   This one's PowerDVD gets to a point just after the progress bar when it advises there is no mouse support for Blu ray discs, then freezes.  

Found a solution that worked for both machines.  Hope it might help others with the same issue. 

Open Power DVD and go into settings. 

Under video check the box to enable hardware acceleration.  

Blue Screen Again
dsyed1

Re: Resolved: Q180s won't play blu ray discs via Lenovo PowerDVD

I am having the same issue, the drive reads regular DVD... however when I insert a bluray I cannot see content through windows explorer nor can I play bluray content using PowerDVD... I checked the lenovo q180 site for drivers but can't seem to find any for the bluray drive... please help!!

Retired Employee
NINE

hi dsyed1,

May if you have tries the solution that morgang has posted earlier. I'd suggest for you to give it a try and see if it works and let us know.

Regards

What's DOS?
sebriley

Same problem, I think.  Just purchased a Lenovo P400 Touch, loaded with PowerDVD 10.  It will play ordinary DVD's OK, but will not recognize BluRay DVD''s.  Any suggestions?  t just says "no disc in E"