Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ICA300
Accepted Solution

Using the HDMI-In port of the A300

One of the key features of the Ideacentre A300 [57115581] is the HDMI-In / HDMI-Out ports.

First I tried the HDMI-Out port; it worked perfectly - both picture and multi-channel digital audio.

Now I am attempting to use the display in 'TV' mode by selecting the 'HDMI-In' setting on the touch-sensitive display button. PC is not switched On. Connecting an external HDMI DVD player with HDMI cable connected to the HDMI-In port on the A300. But can't get anything on the display; A300 display shows 'No Signal'! 

What am I doing wrong? How should the HDMI-In port be used?

What's DOS?
amsbeckham

Re: Using the HDMI-In port of the A300

no its alright...when ever u connect it to an hdmi output...its works like that
What's DOS?
amsbeckham

Hey tell me...what are your views regarding the clarity when u are watching Television on your desktop...does it display good picture
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ICA300

Am still to use the onboard hybrid TV tuner. I have an analog cable service - will post as soon as I have set it up thru the Media Centre. Must check if I can record analog TV programs?

By the way, the box also had the special 9 inch TV signal converter cable, with the gold-plated mini F-connector at one end and a standard female F-connector at the other. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ICA300

The HDMI-output works fine. But my problem is with using the HDMI-input. Do I need to configure the A300 HDMI-in, to use the Full-HD display as an offline TV/Monitor?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ICA300

I am happy to report that my HDMI-in problem on the IdeaCentre A300 has been resolved.

Solution: Replaced the suspect HDMI cable!

Can use the A300 HD display panel as an offline monitor in TV-mode, by connecting my HT receiver [Onkyo TX-SR606] thru HDMI-in port, without booting-up the system. Exactly what I wanted! Will now focus on the built-in TV tuner.
Paper Tape
Fairbrother

I had touched the ON/OFF LCD and PC/HDMI-IN "button" on the far right bottom edge of my A300 monitor before the computer has time to fully boot up. It follows that the screen didn't lit up and when I touched the same button again, it flashed a sign of "no signal" but it was stil not on. How can I turn the LCD screen back on again. I cannot key in my password to run my computer too, as the screen was totally dark. Thanks for any help.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ICA300

[ Edited ]

Hi FB, hope your problem was automatically resolved when you rebooted the A300? The display should hv come On in PC mode. Else you can gently touch the same right-most feather-touch sensor (button), on the bottom-right edge of the LCD panel, and keep touching it with your finger tip for 2 secs; the display status will appear on the screen and you will see the current mode highlighted. Again v gently tap the sensor to toggle the display mode thru the other settings -> PC / HDMI-in / LCD-off

PC mode will take you to the regular Windows display; HDMI-in will show you a display if any video source is connected via an HDMI cable to the system's HDMI-in port; and LCD-off will turn-off the LCD panel. HDMI-in can even be viewed without booting-up the system (just keep the input power adapter switched On).

'No Signal' will flash on the screen when (a) display is in PC mode and the system hasn't booted-up; or (b) display is in HDMI-in mode and no video source is connected thru the HDMI-in port.

I hope this helps.