Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
goodmayes
Accepted Solution

Warranty issues solved

[ Edited ]

Well, the warranty for my system is due to end so I decided to extend it for another year. I call tech support but to my surprise they said that the only way to extend the warranty is to do it on Lenovo web site. Unfortunately there are no options available for my system to extend the warranty. I call tech support again and explained the problem, buy they said it is because my computer is out of warranty four months ago. I have bought my computer 22.02.11 on Lenovo web site so it is within one year but they disagree. I have receipt and packing slip with the date on it so I know the truth date. They advise me to send an email to ukwebsales@lenovo.com and ask for warranty extension, unfortunately the address doesn't work anymore so no reply.

I cannot extend the warranty and I have no one to speak to about. This is my first Lenovo pc, before I always had Dell's and I have to say it is like comparing Chinese democracy with customer rights in USA, different world.

They still dispute about purchase date even if on Lenovo web site you can see the invoice and the purchase date.

Unbelievable!

UK Websales on 0844 800 0550 or email ukwebsales@lenovo.com doesn't work

Tech Support on 0844 249 1112 is helpless, they don't want to connect me to supervisor, they gave me another email popuk@medion.com but 48h no answer.

Well done Lenovo!

Retired Employee
lak_sg

Re: Never again Lenovo !

Hi Goodmayes,

I'm sorry to hear about  the situation and would like to try  to assist on the matter.

I've sent you a private message requesting some additional details. Please let me know.

thanks!

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

goodmayes,

I also received your PM and replied...

Either lak_sg or I should be able to assist on this.  Via PM we will need your name, address, phone and the model and serial number of your system.   Based on a proof of purchase we should be able to reset the warranty dates and enable you to purchase the extended warranty.

Post warrant maintenance agreements may be another option, but the pricing on these may vary from an extended warranty and may or may not be advantageous for you.

In any event, we are here to help.

Lastly, I'll follow up with another PM, but in regard to your removed messages.. you posted the same message in multiple places in the forum which is against the rules and why those messages were removed.  I'm sure you understand that if everyone were to post the same messages on every board, it would become very difficult to manage.

Thanks for speaking up - we look forward to helping you sort this out!

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Token Ring
goodmayes

[ Edited ]

My warranty issues have been solved. Thanks to this forum and Mark_Lenovo and lak_sg I am now able to extend my warranty. It was quite a fight but with a happy end.

I will like to thank you for your help and time. This gives me belief in this forum and people who spend their time to help others. I will also try to help others in the future by posting and contributing as much as I can and my knowledge and experience allows me.

Once again thank you very much and best greetings from London.

Regards

Jakub