Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
bro931

Windows 7 Home Premium install disks?

OK, so I've had my K330B system since before Christmas and I just realised that I didn't burn the system recovery disk when the system was new.  Now, when I attempt to make a system recovery disk using the Lenovo process and it says I need 30+ DVD disks to do so.  It will not let me make just an OS recovery disk.  It's everything on the system or nothing.  I understand that a copy of the OS is stored on a service partition on the hard drive and the system can presumably be restored to its original factory state from the data on that service partition.  But what if that drive fails?  So I thought I'd just call Lenovo and buy the factory OS install disks that used to come with all new PCs.

I've tried twice now to call Lenovo at 877-453-6686 and have them direct me to someone who can sell me the OS restore disks.  Both times, after about a 30-45 minute talk-hold-talk-hold process where they take my name, rank and serial number, it boils down to Lenovo Premium Support has to call me back.  BUT THEY NEVER DO!!!!!

Sorry for the all-caps, but this is getting ridiculous.  Can anyone tell me the magic incantations required to get the factory Windows 7 Home Premium OS install disks?

harishnailwal
Topics: 0
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 2

Re: Windows 7 Home Premium install disks?

As we know, Lenovo do not provide recovery discs or Genuine Operating System disc with any system which is pre-installed with any Operating System. Lenovo recommend the user to create recovery disc by there own. If you are unable to create recovery discs then please check the below mentioned video web link to know the procedure to create recovery disc and re-check the same.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/Video/PlayerPage.aspx?VideoNo=17&lang=en&country=in

If you are performing same steps and still unable to create recovery disc then Kindly perform OneKey rescue and then try to make recovery discs. If the issue remain same then please call on 1-800-426-7378 and ask for nearest service centre or visit the below mentioned web link to locate the nearest service centre.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/service-provider/default.page

Regards,

Harish

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!