Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
kkap

bluetooth mouse connects for only some seconds

hi,

today my b520 (win 7) crashed for the first time. since then my mouse (and keyboard) are not working anymore.

bluetooth Device Stage tells me that they were connected some seconds after i made a click but nothing happens. again some seconds later  Device Stage says that the mouse/ keyboard is disconnected.

i used the bluetooth reset button, i tried to reconned in windows, tried new batteries... don't know what to do next.

can anyone please help?

Regards,

Konstantin,

Germany

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: bluetooth mouse connects for only some seconds

Hello Konstantin,

You should uninstall the Bluetooth driver then download the updated driver from the mentioned below web link.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/DriversDownLoads/Drivers_Show_4714.html

After this do the paring of the keyboard & mouse and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
pokemon

I had the same problem and it is solved at least for now.

I had the similar problem. Both keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly about 3 weeks after my purchase.

The keyboard can be linked to my tablet and types fine. I have another bluetooth keyboard that works well with my tablet can be linked to B520 but cannot type anything just like the Lenovo keyboard.  I believe it is not the problem of keyboard but the computer.

I tried re-install the driver downloaded from US website (version 4.0.100.1190) and the computer can recognize both keyboard and mouse and let me type a string of numbers to confirm. However, I still could not type anything.

I downloaded a version of win7 home premium sp1 (Levono did not provide me a Window 7 OS DVD) and re-installed the entire operation system without touching the patition configuration (B520 has one ~25G service partition and a smaller ~0.5 G partition, both of which I decided not to touch). I am glad Lenovo pasted win7 product key on the back of B520 and it can be used to successfully activate the system via microsoft server.  I installed all the drivers including the bluetooth driver. All the drivers are downloaded from US lenovo website. However, the keyboard and mouse still behave the same.  

I visited this forum and noticed this tread. I downloaded the driver provided above. The website points to Lenovo Indian website but the driver is located in China. I downloaded at least 5 times to get a complete file and it is the same version and same size in bytes as the one from US website. However, once I uninstalled the US driver and put this one on. The keyboard and mouse work again.

I am typing this text using the lenovo bluetooth keyboard. I don't know why it works, but want to give my story to anyone having the same problem.  Keep trying all the possibilities!

I also want to take this chance to give some of my impression on B520.  In short, I love my B520. It is fast, especially after a clear installation (all the add-on levono programs only slow it down. I do not let Windows update and do not install anti-virus software), the screen is great,  and it has two USB 3.0 ports. I linked my TV cable in and I can watch TV, both analog and digital channels. The speakers give good sound and no extra speakers to take space. The video card is not the best, but good enough for me, a casual gamer. The motherboad is actually designed as a laptop motherboad and it uses the laptop memory chips. Some friend told me the laptop motherboard is not as good as a desktop one. It is probably true, but B520 is very quiet. I would like to trade some performance for the peace.   

By the way, the two 3.0 ports are the ones next to the HDMI ports. All the other four are USB 2.0. I plugged a usb device into all six USB ports before installing the USB 3.0 driver. The two ports next to HDMI coould not recognize my device until the 3.0 driver was installed. 

I will update if anything happens to my bluetooth devices again.   

Paper Tape
pokemon

Re: I had the same problem and it is solved at least for now.

An update on USB 3.0 ports. Actually it is very easy to find out which two are 3.0. When you look inside the port, if you see a blue "tongue", it is 3.0. I was surprised it is that simple.  So the two next to the HTMI ports are USB 3.0.