Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
FOX-JOHN
Accepted Solution

change the POWER SUPPLY LITEON 310 WATTS . for the ANTEC25 650 WATTS .On the IDEACENTRE K320

[ Edited ]

To start Hello everyone, Here I ask you to be understanding because I am a french living in Japan and i'm sorry for my mistakes in English.
So here, I have a LenovoIdeacentre K320 (10 031) Intel 5 Core -8 Go.ram . of 1 year now.
I have a GTX560 graphics card  for play at Battlefield 3.
OK ! i hope i gave clear ???  For change the card I had to also change the power suplly of my computer.
  namely the power supply was a LiteOn from lenovo
MODELNo. PS-5311 - 7VR / 3/RoHS
                    Lenovo part. No. 036001874
                    Serial No.00009998 / Level 3

The maximum total power Shall Not Exceed 310 W ,it's why i have changed with a new power suplly. And now i have one ANTEC25 650 WATT ATX12VB. V2.3.
The installation of these new devices has gone well, except with the liteon had 3 wires red / black / purple to a power P9. who coming of the power supply.LITEON  after researching on the net, this cable is used to power the following three options;( the speeds of processors )
COOL (green lighting)
AUTO (blue lighting)
TURBO (red lighting).

so my problem is that I do not have this  cable on my new power supply ANTEC25.:smileysad:
Can someone help me, please!!
(i can give you my mail adress yahoo for communicate the picture of my old power suplly and this cable ):smileywink:

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: change the POWER SUPPLY LITEON 310 WATTS . for the ANTEC25 650 WATTS .On the IDEACENTRE K3

What did the 3 wire cable plug in to?
The motherboard?
The front panel?
Punch Card
Lotto1

Re: change the POWER SUPPLY LITEON 310 WATTS . for the ANTEC25 650 WATTS .On the IDEACENTRE K3

I recently changed the power supply for my K330B, and found the same problem.  The new power supply has connectors for everything else but the same 3 wires P9 connector.  After tracing the wiring, I found that the P9 supplies power for the LEDs behind the front selector switch.  With the P9 connected, the LEDs light up and change color according to the switch posistion. Without the P9 connection, the LED is off, but does not affect the switch operation.

So if you don't care about those LED lights, forget about the P9 connector :smileyhappy:

But if you still want those cool LED lights and comfortable with DIY wiring, here is the trick:  look at the P9 connector coming off the OEM power supply, there are the 3 wires (red/black/purple), but at the other side (computer case side) only has 2 wires--black and red.  Black is ground, red is 5 volts.  So all we need to properly connect them to the new power supply.

I am assuming the K320 has the same case and wiring as the K330B.

Paper Tape
FOX-JOHN

Kombawa (Goodnight of japan)

Wahouuuuu Lotto 1, the answer I expected, It is God who t'envois.
Ok good I confirm I have exactly the same wiring .
Ex: LITEON power supply output

1 Violet
1 Red
a black
front light output
a red
a black

- So I understand.
1)
the fact that the P9 connector is disconnected,i can still Interacting with the 3 modes namely:
how cool (blue)
Auto mode (green)
turbo mode (red)

if this is true thank you for confirmation.
2)
NOW I want adopt your second solution,  I want reconnected the two son (red and black) has an entry because you say that red (P9) it's 5 volts. Ok?
-Can you tell me for example if I can use both wire red 5v + and black wire of (P9), for example, connect with a power molex8991 female, as shown here:
# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector Motherboard_power_connector_.28Molex_Mini-fit_Jr .. 29

*** By taking care for my part to connect the red wire (P9) with the yellow wire (from the MOLEX)??
Can you confirm that the plug of the female molex, are:
1 red wire = 12v
2 black wire
and a yellow wire = 5v+
-This is correct?
I wait your answers to be able of reconnect everything.
Thank you very much for your help, I do not how many  I have  send messages ?? Lenovo, a Liteon etc ... Tank you again :smileywink:

Retired Guru
Duck3

Caution!

Standard Molex:

Red +5v
Yellow +12v
Paper Tape
FOX-JOHN

[ Edited ]

:smileysurprised:

Duck3, really good thing you are there, because I could have made a big mistake that could cost me expensive. I did well to wait. And after you in doing this prevention, yellow wire 5v + and black wire, I can find the lighting front panel of my tower?
Another big thank you.:smileywink:

Please i can give my adress mail for good explication??

mfoxyo13@yahoo.fr

- because  the probleme is   LOL  I m affraid :smileysad: for connect my wires and i have tested my connection with one tester .

-For the test female outlet (wire black and red ) and correct tension   --->>>  red is 5V+  /black is mass) ok for this one

-For the test of one MOLEX (yellow 12v+ /black/black/red 5v+)

So,the needle of the tester is on a 5v + it's ok
by cons, for the red wire of molex .the needle ,doing one jump dizzying at right .and i think the tension is very strong and no 5v+ .Can you help me please ??
imagine i connected the red wire (p9) on the wire red of molex i have a risk or no ??
Please thank you for your answer me and your great patience with me .  cordialy

Retired Guru
Duck3

[ Edited ]

I do not feel confident to advise you due to language
differences, and since I have not ever repaired that model of computer.

Maybe you can post some photos of the P9 (powerdial) connector from front panel,

and the molex you want to use to supply correct voltage. And how you are

measuring the voltage at molex?

Be patient, you do not want to damage anything.

(And do not post your email address due to spammers)

Paper Tape
FOX-JOHN

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy:

STOP ( LOL)

Duck really i not distribe you now  ...Why ???

Bcos it's ok  ,i have connected the 2wire (P9) on the MOLEX and its ok .

Very good no problem not ,i can see my 3 light green ,blue ,and red .

Thank you very much again for your help ......oups sorry and you too Lotto1  of course

Good day !

You are the bests one two guy thank again

bye  .....:smileywink:

AH yes i forget   how i have a soltution ,just i have open my old powersupply (LITEON) for see where this 2wiresis connected . and i have have see hehehe

Retired Guru
Duck3

Great!! Glad to help, and thanks to Lotto1 also.
Punch Card
Lotto1

[ Edited ]

If the warranty expired on your machine, the easy way to make the wiring connection is to cut the P9 connector off the old power supply and solder it to the new one.

Since mine is only 4 weeks old, I don't want to chop it up yet :smileyhappy:  The picture below shows my small modification:  I found the 3-wire connector that comes with the case fan can plug in the P9 on the PC case side, if I shave off a tiny bit of plastic that sticking out.  BUT, watch out for the color code  wires on the fan connector-- they don't match up with the P9, I had to switch them around.  Anyway, make sure the red and black wires go straight from the molex conector to the P9.

Hope that helps.

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules