Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
kieranmurphy
Accepted Solution

unable to install patch for japanese keyboard

Hi My sons got a b520 ideacentre for Christmas with a japanese keyboard.  It does not recognise the fact that it is a japanese keyboard though.  Tried everything re change in the settings.  I noticed that there is a partch for a keyboard and I try to down load it. But when I start the download it sits for a few seconds and than says in a small popout window that lenovo support say and gives the .exe file and has ok, press ok and it just reverts to the screen for down loading.  It mean the keyboard dow not work and it really is sad for my sons.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: unable to install patch for japanese keyboard

Hi kieranmurphy, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

I take it  you mean this patch:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_5208.html

When you click on ID5KYB27WW5.exe, you should get a Terms and conditions dialog. Click on I Agree, and you should pop a file manager window to select your download location. Click Save and it should download. It's a small file so it will download quickly. Double click on the file and the patch should install...

If you're not seeing these pop-ups, something is blocking them.

Tell us what you find!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
kieranmurphy

Hi Bananaman, 

Well there is good news and there is bad news.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

The page above was the path I was using - your path worked and I was unable to download and install the patch.  Thank you so much for that.

The bad news is that it did not fix the problem with the keyboard as such.

Oh well back the drawing board, the support line opens here on the 4th I will give them a call.

cheers again for your help

Kieran

Token Ring
goodmayes

Have you try windows settings in control panel? Have you change keyboard to Japan in settings?

These keyboard drivers are for PS/2 keyboard only not for bluetooth. Bluetooth keyboard doesn't have drivers. It use windows drivers and small software to enable the orange LVT button.