Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
Kington

A week old s205 laptop runs ridiculously slow

Hey,what's up ,you gus ?I'm at a friend of mine who bought himself a Lenovo s205 laptop a week ago and asked me to install him some programs and printer drivers.

The laptop is a week old ,but is installing programs and running at times extremely slowly.More than half of the attempts of installations just stop at the middle and don't progress for half an hour,considering I'm trying to install small <10megabytes programs.

It had avc installed and when I ran an anti-virus checked,everything was clear.There are pretty much no programs installed,so the reason can't be that it's clustered either.

Does any of you have any idea how I can get it up to normal speed?Please reply soon,as I will be out of town for a week and won't be able to help him.Thank you!

802.11n
fiesta

Re: A week old s205 laptop runs ridiculously slow

Hi there!

back up any data necessary, power off, hit the One Key Recovery button. Run the Antivirus Full scan app from there and then the One Key Recovery Option , to restore to initial back up.

While youre at at it, create recovery discs as well, just to be on the safe side.

Cheers!

Punch Card
CMBC

Re: A week old s205 laptop runs ridiculously slow

Yeah it looks like you guys just installed a bunch of junk like spyware/adware and stuff. Common for beginners or novice users in this day and age of massive spyware/adware infections.

OneKey Recovery to Factory Restore is going to be your best friend. I suggest you get yourself an external harddrive for making copies of all your files so that when your computer becomes sluggish, you can simply restore to factory (or a set backup that you create if you have that knowledge to do so) and not have to worry about massive backup of your files each time, as you'll make it part of a regular routine.