Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
hannay
Accepted Solution

Can you mute S 205 sound/speakers?

I had expected to find the keyboard had a *mute* button/option, not just increase/decrease volume options.

Windows 7 has a mute-speakers facility in the vol control/mixer window, but this is not the same as having a simple Mute option on the keyboard. Is this achievable?

Thanks.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Can you mute S 205 sound/speakers?

As I understand you do not have MUTE button on netbook and Window 7 mute option does not work

You can reinstall the Audio driver so in Windows 7 the mute option works properly.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
hannay

Re: Can you mute S 205 sound/speakers?

Thank you so much Tanuj!

I have been away for a couple of days and haven't been able to take further steps, but I just found your advice waiting and the mute facility is now restored.

The machine isn't a new one but has been passed on to me by a relative who recently got a new laptop, and this fault was existing when they had it so it is nice to have been able to fix it. Thank you again.