Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
cdisxm

Clean XP install on s10

He, thi sis great forum :smileyhappy:

I followed the XP clean install thread as best I could, but maybe there is another proble.

I got a virus Conficker.B, and removed it wih Antimalwabytes and Vipre.

Next I ran the OKR and would only go to a certain point and tell me the zip file in WLSetup.exe was corrupted. It refused to go further, so I was left with no OS at allwhen I rebooted.

I called Lenovo, but becasue it is out of warranty they wanted $575, yes that's right, to continue the conversation.

So I have a 160GB drive. I tried following all your instructions, but they confused me about the USB booting on the hard disk. DO I need to do these steps with an external USB hard drive?

I have XPHome SP3 but you dont really explain how I get the drivers slipstreamed, and where it pstrewams them to.  I have PartitionMagic so I connected the hard disk from the S10 a computer and deleted the partition. Is that all I have to do make the hard disk bootable again Do I have to partition it in Partition Magic or what?

Now I booted the S10 up with the XP CD cnected to USB external CD player and went along through the setup screens, but when it reboooted, says, 

A disk read error occurred

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart.

Now I have tried the BIOS in both AHCI and Compatible mode. The BIOS is set to default.

If it is to do with this slipstreaming laatest drivers, can youplease explain the process a little more step-by-step. Like what has to connected to what. If this is a generic explanation, is there a video onthis?

PartitionMagic does not show any other partitions,but its a 160GB disk, but its showing up as 149GB.

What am I doing wrong? I tested the hard disk drive and there are no errors. Comput er agment sys the drive is Healthy.

THanks in advance for some lifesaving help.

KalvinKlein

Re: Clean XP install on s10

Hi and welcome,

latest question at first 149 GB are correct real size of your 160 GB Harddrive

This occurs because the hard drive manufacturers define 1 GB as being 1 billion of bytes (10^9) while in reality 1 GB represents 2^30 bytes or 1,073,741,824 bytes x 149 = 159.987.531.776 as we all known 160 GB Drive :smileyhappy:

If you want to use as install drive a harddisc. be sure when you parted and format with parted magic your drive is set to active primary... that make it ready to boot ... (logical and non active could not boot)

regards KalvinKlein

cdisxm

Thak you KIalvinKlein,

What about the other questions apart from the last one?

I have this netbook waiting.

THanks in advance

KalvinKlein

Hi , did you follow this ...?

Idepad S10e XP Install

Ive integrate only the sata driver with n-lite  , did no other use of n-lite... and move this with help of winsetupfromusb  to a 2GB thumbdrive...

all other drivers will be installed manually later , when windows is fresh installed..

regards KK