Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
mooney79

HDTV thru HDMI will not work correctly

Recently bought an Ideapad s12 netbook, has been running great. Was trying to hook it up to my bravia hdtv thru the hdmi port. Plugged the hdmi cable in and used the fn key to bring up the screen where you choose which display(s) you want to use. I selected external only. My tv says invalid format when getting the hdmi signal from the ideapad. Was reading online about how you have to change the resolution/refresh rate, etc. so that it will display on the tv. The only problem is, to change the resolution of the tv display, the hdmi cable has to be plugged in so that the ideapad can see it. But now that I changed the settings earlier to be external only...Once i plug the cable in it switches to the tv only (which still wont show up) so I am stuck. I don't know how I can get it back to being both displays so that I might be able to change the settings for the tv. Please help. It isn't this difficult using the s-video out on my other laptop, but I know that hdmi is different. Thanks in advance.