Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
constantin_os
Accepted Solution

HEEEELP S10-2 windows7

Good evening all

I write u now from Quick Start browser. I did a great mistake. I had by default Windows7 and I installed windowsXP black edition. This is my first contact with netbooks and I wanted to lear how can I boot system from USB. So, I installed windowsXP bBlack edition.  I did format the HDD.

Now, I want to go back to windows7 with Recovery Tool (you know, the arrow next to power button) but an error message appears and I don't know what to do because even after the error message, i cant approach default windows.

So, (1) i cant use recovery tool (doesnt work properly) and (2) the only tools i got are a. BIOS and b. QuickStart

Oh, thank you Lenovo for Quick Start!!!!

P L E A S E  H E L P   M E

802.11n
exscentric

Re: HEEEELP S10-2 windows7

I am not aquainted with your unit, but most netbooks have a couple of partitians on the hard drive.  One of them is the restore information.  If you formatted the entire drive the restore part is probably gone.  If you only formatted the C: partition the restore should be on D: or some other partition.

If you did format the whole drive and you did not make backup cds I'd guess you are out of luck on restoring.  Some manufacturers sell restore disks so you might give yours a call if someone else doesn't come up with an answer for you.

Paper Tape
constantin_os

Thank you so much for your answer. I solve it, finaly. Thank god, i didn't erase the partition that contains recovery data! 

Thank you again!!! 

802.11n
exscentric

No problem, isn't that rush you get when you think you've done something terribly wrong the pits? :smileyhappy:  Been there too many times myself.