Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
zee_eytch
Accepted Solution

HELP ON: S10 wireless/bluetooth indicator light which is blinking red

Hi!  I have observed recently that the wireless/bluetooth indicator light on my netbook is constantly blinking red. When the wireless card is off  and bluetooth is on, the light is orange. But when the wireless card is on and bluetooth is off, the indicator is off too. What could be the cause? I'd really appreciate any reply. Thank you.
802.11n
ronaldkwok

Re: HELP ON: S10 wireless/bluetooth indicator light which is blinking red

On the S10, the LED flashes orange if Bluetooth is on, blue if WiFi is on and both colours alternately or together (as purple/red, depending on the activities) if both are on. The indicator should not be off when the WiFI is on. If it is off, then the Wireless (both Bluetooth and WiFi) is turned off. Try pressing the Wireless button (button with green icon next to the OKR button) on and off to see if it turns the Wireless indicator on and off. If you can connect on the WiFi but the indicator is not on, then probably the LED is faulty. 
View my Blog on the Lenovo S10
Blue Screen Again
zee_eytch

Thank you very much for your reply! And you have a great blog too. Very insightful... 

Luckily, I can connect to Wifi so most probably only the LED is faulty... I'll try to contact the store.

802.11n
ronaldkwok

You are most welcome and glad to be of assistance. Another way to check is that when you first turn on your S10, the Wireless indicator should flash up purple (i.e. both blue and orange the same time)  for a short period. In your case if it just shows orange, the blue LED is faulty. You can also press Fn F5 to select only one of the Wireless (Bluetooth or WiFi) to see if the indicator turns on with the correct colour respectively.
Blue Screen Again
zee_eytch

[ Edited ]

When I first turn on my s10, the wireless indicator flashes only red (or maybe it's dark orange) light. I usually turn off the bluetooth device when I am connected to wifi and during this time, the indicator doesn't light at all.  I am relieved that only the LED is faulty .  I thought at first that it was worse than that... Do you think it's okay if I do not replace the LED? Bcoz I bought the S10 in another city and I can not go there yet.  And the thought of my S10 being screwed open scares me a bit. :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by zee_eytch on 03-16-2009 10:15 AM
802.11n
ronaldkwok

From what you described, it is most likely that the blue LED of the Wireless indicator that is faulty. Since this is just a visual status indicator, it is not necessary to replace it as long as you have no problem to connect to your WiFi, in my opinion and as long as you are not bothered by it. Ya, sometimes we have fear that things may get screwed up once somebody open up your prize possesion.
Blue Screen Again
zee_eytch

It doesn't bother me at all... so I guess I'll just let it stay this way... Thank you once again Sir! :smileyhappy: